Free Shipping on ALL Products
camera reviewsbest cameraslens reviewsphotography tipscamera forumvideo toursphotography bookssupport me
It is currently Wed Nov 26, 2014 10:32 am

All times are UTC

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2007 11:50 pm 
Ohh so I can HDR jpgs...I will have to try that. I was afraid of RAW for space issues...does jpgs work as well as RAW or is RAW more suited?

I will have to come up with some interesting subjects to try this out.

Do you and Zorro do any other photoshopping to your images besides HDR?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2007 12:06 am 

I detailed my HDR workflow someplace else here. Search should find it. I don't really use Photoshop though, it's just a bit too technical for me. It's undoubtedly the best though. You won't get good results from jpegs though, that's a fact. Sure there may be the occasional hit but the misses will far outweigh them. There just isn't enough latitude in a jpeg. At least that's what I've found.

That's not to say that RAW is strictly necessary for the conversion as shooting in RAW and converting to TIFF yields virtually identical results. Have a go with jpeg by all means, it will teach you the basic principles and it is good fun, but you just won't get really good results.

Zorro 8)

Various lenses, SB800 & Manfrotto 190 with 460MG head

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2007 12:26 am 
Site Admin

Zorro's tips on HDR can be found in this posting started by China Mark, which has become one of our most popular threads to date!

http://www.cameralabs.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=781

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2007 7:02 pm 
Stew,

There are some really great images here, particularly the glaciers and Seattle.

Nice work.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2007 7:54 pm 
"Who is John Galt?" =P couldnt resist.

Thanks for the feed back I'm glad you like them. I am trying to see if I can get some tickets and maybe go to a USC football game. I thought I could get some nice shots there, although I would need a nice zoom lense for any action shots, but we will see, I will post an update the next time I add photos, hopefully they come out just as well!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2007 8:08 pm 
Stew,

I love it when people know enough to ask that question.

BTW, if you care to, I have a lot of Alaska images at my webshots gallery. They're broken down by location.

Looking forward to the next update.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2007 9:20 pm 
John,

I liked your Alaska photos. I didnt get to it but the eagle rehab center was a place I wanted to see, could get up close to the eagles for a nice shot like you did.

I am really jealous of your Victoria photo! I tried to get this exact shot too but I needed a tripod. That annoying tree is in your shot too I see (dark spot on the right). It obstructed my day time shot bleh =/

Aaron