Free Shipping on ALL Products
camera reviewsbest cameraslens reviewsphotography tipscamera forumvideo toursphotography bookssupport me
It is currently Fri Sep 19, 2014 7:58 pm

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2008 1:03 am 
Hi,

I was looking for these features in a super zoom camera.

Atleast 7 Mega Pixels with decent zoom, Full Manual Control feature, Face Detection, Image Stabilisation, To be able to zoom while recording video,
The length of is video limited only by the size of memory card or atleast 30 min.

But most of the superzooms suffer from noise or without the ability to zoom while recording a movie. ex: panasonic FZ18;

I recently stumbled upon casio EX V8, has decent zoom 7x, which can be used while recording movies, ultra compact, decent image quality.
Could I know what this camera lacks that needs to be considered?
Please suggest me if I can go for this camera.

Thanks,
Paul

Post subject: Casio
PostPosted: Tue Jul 29, 2008 3:15 am 
Is that the one that zooms internally, using a mirror? If so, it would be far below the quality of external zoom lenses.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 29, 2008 6:25 am 
in my opinion stick to nikon, canon, and sony for anything but SLR, it doesnt mean there arnt exceptions though, panasonic TZ5 is great.

whats your price range/general uses, ill suggest something

my supervisor even came up with a neat little slogan "friends don't let friends buy Casio"

Post subject: ex-v8
PostPosted: Tue Jul 29, 2008 7:12 am 
hi dalethorn, i do not know it zooms using a mirror but yes it does zoom only internally.

hi smiles77, lol 'friends dont let friends buy casio'

my budget is about $200. i could push it a little further though.
usage would be general purpose, indoors ,i'd be recording videos too so to be able to zoom would be preferable.
I am only a learner still so i want to experiment a lot with cameras. I particularly like one which can really blur background and just keep the subject focussed.
i was thinking about superzooms, i checked S5 IS in circuitcity and thought it was bulky and something that cant be carried along easily compared to the compact cameras.
i really appreciate your help.

cheers,
Paul

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 29, 2008 7:43 am 
:D check out the Sony DSC-H10, Canon SX100IS, Nikon P60 or P80(pushing it). Canon A590IS

i can look into it more later if you want more options, kinda tired.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2008 2:33 am 
Hi smiles77,

Thanks for your suggestions.
sony dsc h10 and the canon cameras u specified doesnt zoom while recording movies. Right?
Nikon p80's sample pictures posted on some review sites aren't that sharp, its bulky and expensive.
I did not find any reviews on p60 though.
please take your time I am not in rush at all.
I really appreciate your help.

cheers,
Paul