Free Shipping on ALL Products
camera reviewsbest cameraslens reviewsphotography tipscamera forumvideo toursphotography bookssupport me
It is currently Mon Sep 22, 2014 4:21 am

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 121 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9  Next
PostPosted: Sat Feb 06, 2010 5:01 am 
This camera has it all! Everything you could possibly desire! Man, looks like if this one makes it, it will blast many entry level DSLRS as well as high end non-DSLR superzooms!

For a few specs:
>30X manual optical zoom, with a 24-720mm lens. 24mm is true wide angle, as 18mm lenses on Canons and Nikons are equivalent to 29mm and 27mm respectively! Also, with 300mm lens, Canon and Nikon gives an equivalent of 480mm and 450mm respectively, where 720mm is a far cry!
>It carries the reputed Fujinon lens!
>It can take 10fps continuous 7 frames at full res, rare even in an entry-level DSLR
>Panoramas can be captured by swinging the camera left to right or up to down!
>Motion remover removes moving tourists, etc magically from your images, something never heard of before.
>Multi motion capture means you can have a continuous action in a single frame, without multiple bursts, more like multiple exposures in conventional cameras!
>It has Fujifilm's intuitive low light expertise.
>Has triple image stabilization, which Fujifilm claims can shoot still pictures even at 30X zoom.
>It has text shooting mode
>3" TILTING LCD monitor with 97% coverage
>EVF with eye sensor for automatic switching
>Full HD movie recording @ 30fps
>Supports RAW and RAW+JPEG
>It uses a BSI CMOS sensor, which Fuji claims can shoot at lower ISOs for lesser noise.

Shutter speed from 4sec to 1/4000sec. Most cameras give at least 30 sec, so dunno why Fuji kept it to 4sec?

No reviews are available yet, but I am eagerly waiting for one! Lets request Gordon for one!

Jinay

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 07, 2010 3:52 am 
It does look very interesting. Was thinking about getting the S200EXR to go with my F200EXR, but I may have to change my mind.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 08, 2010 7:33 am 
Hey, here's another interesting fact:
The S200EXR seems to be using a larger sensor at 1/1.6" than the HS10's 1/2.3". Also, the HS10 uses a CMOS sensor, whereas CCDs are more common in the smaller range.

(Info is memory based and prone to mistakes! If this info concerns you, check the Fuji official page....)

And if is set to launch around April.....

Jinay.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 11, 2010 4:11 am 
Fuji also claims that there is a 1000fps shooting mode for slow motion video playback, but I nowhere found the resolution at which it captures the frames...
Also, video recording is full hd, not hd like in most cameras. The difference is that while hd shoots at 720p, full hd is 1080p, and twice as detailed as hd.
Fuji says it is designed to be a bridge camera, like the s200exr. No sample images available yet, but eagerly waiting for some!

Last edited by jinay on Mon Mar 22, 2010 10:06 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 11, 2010 6:50 am 
Site Admin

Please don't promote a website which actively blocks links to cameralabs in its forum.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 11, 2010 1:36 pm 
Sorry, Gordon, I was ignorant about that.

A request: We see no reviews of recent Fujifilm cameras at Cameralabs. I was all for the Canon EOS 1000d following your excellent review, when I came across the Fujifilm S200EXR and Fujifilm HS 10. I feel we need your reviewing expertise for these, since Cameralabs has the most user friendly reviews available! It would be very helpful if you could also evaluate the new Fuji Bridge cameras.

Sincere thanks,
Jinay.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 11, 2010 7:43 pm 
Site Admin

Hi Jinay, as mentioned in some other threads here, it can be hard for me to get hold of Fujifilm cameras here in NZ, and they're also not massive sellers worldwide - they're big in some regions, but not others and commercially we need to target the biggest audiences.

But I would like to include some Fuji products in the future, so may try and have my UK-based contributor take a look at some.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 15, 2010 4:21 am 
Hi,

I was thinking if there are any filters available for the Fuji HS10? I didn't come across any, so if anyone knows, please help.
I am looking for Polaroid and ND filters.....

Thanks,
Jinay

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 09, 2010 9:45 pm 
Yeah I just get back to the camera shop wanting to see some cameras because I need to make a choice ...

My choice were: Nikon P100/Lumix FZ35/Canon SX20 IS

But he talked about the Fujifilm HS10.

The spec look REALLY interesting ...

Manual zoom
Flash shoe
30X
10fps
tilt screen
etc ...

A good compromise I think, so I didn't buy any camera, I'm now waiting to see the HS10, look great !

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 10, 2010 9:53 am 
Hi Untengijutsu,

I have read the first reviews of Nikon P100, and I guess ya, maybe you should wait for some time! There are features, but PLENTY of problems too, the main one being photo quality. There is no RAW support too. Maximum shutter speed is 8 seconds, and it may not be enough if you are interested in night sky photography. There is a LOT of purple fringing at long zooms. Chromatic aberration is TERRIBLE at long zooms. Though you can use zoom while recording videos, you can't use AF. The lowest ISO is 160.
Quote:
The results above ISO 400 just aren't good for much beyond small prints and Web use.

Quote:
Colors were not accurate in our tests, particularly reds and blues.

This is all I have, till Gordon's review is out. But from what I read, I would rather be very happy with an FZ35/38 as of now, or wait for the HS10/11. As with Canon's SX20IS, from people reviews, I read some people were disappointed with it.

Hope this helps,
Jinay.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 11, 2010 1:26 am 
Yeah, I'm waiting to have the HS10 in my hand and try some shots !

one month of waiting !

Just ordered my bag, flipside 300 :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 14, 2010 4:19 pm 
In case someone is thinking about it, the HS10 use a 58mm threaded lens.
This information come directly from fujifilm canada, I emailed someone here :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 19, 2010 12:23 am 
I hope somebody can correct me on this - but I do have the HS10 Manual - and it does seem to be quite clear on this...

It seems that the HS10 has only +/- 1EV Exposure Compensation.

If so, this would be the same as the Fuji S2000HD, which I have had for some time. For single images it's adequate on that camera, as it isn't a very good "images" camera anyway - it seems to be Fuji's first effort at an "HD" - 1280 x 720 / *.mp4 - camera, with some lower-end (no Aperture Priority mode) - P&S functions slung around that.

However, the HS10 did seem to be a "higher end" Bridge Camera, so a better EV Compensation Range might be expected. The Canon SX10 IS, which I bought after the S2000HD in the hope of getting better images - which the SX10 does indeed do very well - does have +/- 2EV Exposure Compensation.

So that allows some playing around with HDR imaging, albeit JPEG only.

As the Fuji HS10 does do RAW files as well as JPEG images, that sounded very good for my hobby-level HDR imaging... But when I obtained the Manual and read it carefully, the Exposure Compensation section - and the AEB part - are almost direct-copies of the S2000HD Manual - including the +/- 1EV only limitation.

Perhaps it is possible to "fake" more than +/- 1EV with the RAW files in post-processing? Or might a "firmware upgrade" provide this?

Otherwise - subject to Reviews - and I do hope Fuji sends Gordon one for his extremely detailed unbiased Review Process - it does seem to be a rather good Bridge Camera.

Particularly as it seems to have nearly as many "functions" as a DSLR, even if on a small sensor. Here in Australia it will cost about as much as a Pentax KX with standard kit lens, so is making me "Hmm-and-hah" between the two.

Yes, of course the Pentax KX is a much better camera, being a DSLR from a good maker, but I'm sure I'm not the only person on disability or other pension with this dilemma...

Does one "make the leap" and get the DSLR - for which one then couldn't afford the "better" lenses, or many of the "hobby-level" ones either - or buy the very best Bridge Camera available at the time, and have a "complete all-in-one" kit-device?

My 'dream-camera' after the Canon SX10 has been the Pentax KX - buy the 2-lens kit, then sometime later, the Sigma 70-300mm DG APO, which with our prices in Australia is "just about" affordable as a hobby-level zoom...

Then the Fuji HS10 is announced and starts my dithering again... So any ideas on its "actual" EV Compensation Range would indeed be appreciated.

Thanks, Dave.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 19, 2010 2:43 am 
Hi,
I had read the specifications on the official Fuji global site. But, now I hardly remember it all. My Panasonic gives me +/-2ev, but if I need more, I set it on the extreme, i.e. 2 and auto-bracket it, thus giving me +/-3ev. However, I rarely need to go above 1ev from the suggested exposure. But, why is ev adjustment really a problem when you have shutter priority and manual modes?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 19, 2010 8:07 am 
Hi, Jinay - Shutter Priority and Manual modes are indeed useful, but they don't help with Exposure Bracketing.

My Fuji S2000HD does do AEB - but only has +/- 1 EV range, which isn't enough for hobby-level HDR.

With my Canon SX10 it has +/- 2EV. With AEB (Auto Exposure Bracketing) - it takes 3 shots - and for HDR use a tripod or solid rest is needed, 1 at wherever the Exposure Bias is set - might be at +/-0 EV - then one each at a preset above and below that - might be +1 2/3, and -1 2/3.

However, on a bright day, the Bias might already be on -1/3 EV with the SX10 - so the AEB centres on that, and setting AEB for 1 2/3 EV +/-, you then get AEB shots at -2 EV / - 1/3 EV / + 1 1/3 EV...

Trying to do that in a camera with total EV Bias range of +/- 1 EV just isn't possible....

Having produced a fairly high-end Bridge Camera that, small sensor or not, is RAW capable - would they not realise that some users might want to play around with HDR?

So I'm rather hoping that Fuji did "copy" from the S2000HD Manual - to the present version of the HS10 Manual - and the +/- 1 EV only, is an error.

For a rather expensive Bridge Camera - forward pricing is about AUD$800.00+ (USD$740.00) - one might expect it to have an AEB / EV range as good as my Canon SX10 - which "only" cost $604.00 (USD$556.00) here...

Perhaps if images are taken in RAW with AEB mode, at -1EV / 0 / +1EV - one can "spread" the "under" and "over" shots in post-processing...

Dave.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 121 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9  Next