Free Shipping on ALL Products
camera reviewsbest cameraslens reviewsphotography tipscamera forumvideo toursphotography bookssupport me
It is currently Wed Jul 30, 2014 9:04 am

All times are UTC

Post subject: Need Advice Please
PostPosted: Tue Mar 16, 2010 12:39 pm 
Just bought a new Pentax K7, and just love it. I was wondering if product tent photography is difficult to learn? I was thinking of doing this in addition to the 3d computer renderings I do for my clients. This would give them an affordable alternative to 3d modeling. What does one charge for this? Are there any sites that specialize in product photography? What tent and lights should I get to start out? Here is a link to my site so you can get an idea of what I do with 3D. http://www.delucaimagingstudio.com. I surely wouldn't use the photo end for large products, but I can see it for small to medium size objects. Any thoughts on how I can break into this would be great. I think I have the photography experience I need, along with my K7, and assorted lenses, I should be able to do this.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 17, 2010 2:47 pm 

Hey Tony,

Welcome to Camera Labs! Just read your post, and although I have absolutely no practical information regarding product photography, I think your question will be better served if you post it in the Going Pro? or possibly even the Off-topic sections of the forum. There are very few Pentax users here, and as a result this particular area sees very little action.

Since your question deals with photography in general, as opposed to specific questions about the K7/Pentax, you won't be breaking any rules posting elsewhere, and you'll be far more likely to garner a response or two in the higher-traffic areas of the forum.

Good luck!