Free Shipping on ALL Products
camera reviewsbest cameraslens reviewsphotography tipscamera forumvideo toursphotography bookssupport me
It is currently Mon Jul 28, 2014 11:43 am

All times are UTC

Post subject: 70mm macro sigma
PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2007 1:03 am 
Hi to everyone!
I Recently posted about the 18-55 and 16-45mm lenses of pentax (I was not able to make my choice) but now one of my friend wanna give me his 70mm macro and i'm not able to find if it's compatible or not.
So here it his... it's a sigma macro of 70mm used to be an 35mm optic.

I know it's maybe not enough but anyway if anyone of you have an old 70mm macro from sigma in your closet just chek it out and send me a reply1

Thx and have a great day to everyone:!:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2007 8:34 am 

Dear Peace-Warrior,

Compatibility between body and lens implies two standards:
  1. mount of the body
  2. mount of the lens.

As I learned from the other post, you are planning to buy a K10D, so the Sigma should be Pentax-compatible, with the mount K.

On the body side

The fact-sheet of the K10D specifies
Quote:
Lens Mount:
- PENTAX KAF2 mount compatible with PENTAX KAF2, KAF and KA mount lenses
- Power zoom function not available
- K-mount lenses usable with restrictions
- S-mount lenses usable with adapter and with restrictions
- 67/645 lenses usable with adapter and with restrictions

On the lens side

The Sigma macro 70mm F2.8 EX DG comes in various flavours
Quote:
Corresponding AF Mounts SIGMA, CANON, NIKON (D), SONY, PENTAX

Be careful: this is the latest revision from Sigma. Check the mount of the proposed 70mm lens, that may differ.

70mm gives 105mm in digital world, so it is a small tele, suitable for portraits.

A couple of suggestions

May I do a couple of suggestions?

First, the K10D is an excellent camera (Disclaimer: I own one :) ) and, since it is aimed at prosumer / professional, implies a learning curve: see my :arrow: review and the discoveries I made. For example, compared with other cameras, there are no special modes, as portrait, landscape and so on: such modes (actually, I've never used) prevent you from being free to find the perfect adjustment.

Second, select both the kind of pictures you want to start with (portrait, lanscape, sport) and the available budget to make your selection easier.

Another couple of suggestions

As a matter of fact, the K10D could come bundled with lens at a very aggressive price. The body only is USD 660 and the body + 18-55mm bundle at USD 730, or USD 70 only for the lens.

On top of that, special holidays season rebates are available, see :arrow: http://www.pentaximaging.com/purchase/rebates_offers/

Enjoy :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2007 10:16 pm 
Well Rei_Vilo, as I can see you know your things and I really apprecitate that you help me so much 'cause I did not said I'm really greedy (not sick and crazy of it)and I dont like wasting my money for nothing so I'm making a lot of research. So as I said thank you for it and good day :P