Free Shipping on ALL Products
camera reviewsbest cameraslens reviewsphotography tipscamera forumvideo toursphotography bookssupport me
It is currently Fri Jul 25, 2014 11:54 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: Good teleconverter?
PostPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2009 10:36 pm 

Hello fellow Pentax users,

Over the last few weeks I've been realizing the need for a series of upgrades, and I've been seriously mulling over my various options. These include a typical upgrade path of buying some nicer lenses, then upgrading the body later on, as well as upgrading straight to the K-7 AND nicer lenses, or ditching Pentax altogether and going for a Canon 50D or Nikon D300s.

I do like Pentax, though, particularly for the size, build quality, and weather sealing. The K-7 is far lighter and smaller than comparable cameras from other brands.

But I feel the need for a nicer, brighter, sharper tele lens, preferably one I can still handhold. I've been looking closely at the DA* 60-250mm, but it's not nearly long enough for my needs. Then, I thought, what about a teleconverter? A 2X TC will get me to 500mm (yay!) and a 1.7 TC would get me close.

Is there a good 2X TC out there for Pentax DA lenses? Good enough to not degrade image quality too much and retain AF ability? If not, is there a 1.4X TC that will do the trick?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 14, 2009 2:15 am 

There are older Pentax converters but they don't have SDM connection so you would loose that with DA* lenses and focusing would be done by camera motor instead of lens.

Prints

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 15, 2009 10:27 pm 

Are there any third party TC that might do the trick?