Free Shipping on ALL Products
camera reviewsbest cameraslens reviewsphotography tipscamera forumvideo toursphotography bookssupport me
It is currently Sun Dec 21, 2014 1:14 pm

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Thu Oct 08, 2009 6:12 am 
Hello all,

I've recently become more interested in portrait work and am searching for a external flash that is reasonably priced but has options for me to grow on. I have a Pentax K200D. I was just wondering what everyone would recommend? Is TTL good enough or should I be looking into PTTL flashes? The rotating head is important to me. I've stumbled upon this Rokinon compatible flash here:

http://www.overstock.com/Electronics/Ro ... oduct.html

My budget is under $200 canadian. What does everyone suggest?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 08, 2009 10:43 pm 

The 360FGZ is a highly regarded flash. The Sigma 530 DG super (the one I have) is also very good (much more powerful than 360FGZ and swivel head), but to me, the layout is not very intuitive and I usually manually control my flash, so this is extremely annoying.

If you can, try both out at a local store.

www.flickr.com/glxlr

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 09, 2009 3:39 am 
Thanks GXLR for your response. I've looked at several brands and makes of external flashes including the Sigma 530 DG super and the 360FGZ, 500 flashes by Pentax. They of cource all seem very expensive. In your opinion is it a vital investment to get a flash with a lot more extras as opposed to a cheap flash for $150? What makes them different?