Free Shipping on ALL Products
camera reviewsbest cameraslens reviewsphotography tipscamera forumvideo toursphotography bookssupport me
It is currently Wed Oct 01, 2014 9:01 am

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Wed Sep 30, 2009 1:44 am 

what would be a good general purpose diffuser for a Vivitar 285HV? (i use batteries only, 4 AA approx 6 volts, if that matters). handheld camera, thinking of a flash bracket too.

typically, i would use it in situations where there is no ability to bounce the flash. i think i would use the flash pointing at the subject, ie a person, maybe a garden area, inside a large reception hall or church. not really macro.

is a dome diffuser better for the above? would like the diffuser to be small, foldable(?) and inexpensive.

any recommendations?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 30, 2009 1:50 am 
I have no practical experience of dome diffusers but the ones that I can think of generally work by bouncing some of the light in addition to diffusing it. The Stofen Omnibounce (or similar) diffusers should do but they work best when you have nearby surfaces to reflect light so they are not ideal either.

Have you considered a bounce card? I think they would work better and you can get them in many different kinds now so I'm sure one of the shapes will suit your requirements.