Free Shipping on ALL Products
camera reviewsbest cameraslens reviewsphotography tipscamera forumvideo toursphotography bookssupport me
It is currently Tue Oct 21, 2014 7:48 am

All times are UTC

Post subject: Big Pentax straps?
PostPosted: Sun Jul 26, 2009 2:58 am 
I was walking around the mall about 2 and a half weeks ago and saw this dude with what appeared to look like a Nikon D40 or D60 or something. He wore this jumbo yellow strap around his neck with the words NIKON on it. I felt dwarfed by the size of that strap compared to my puny little PENTAX one. I didn't care that I felt dwarfed lawl, my K-m/K2000 is a dwarf itself. It's just that it looked sooo awesome! I was wondering if there are any bigger PENTAX stamped straps for any other Pentax DSLR's that will fit my K-m/K2000? :D

Post subject: Re: Big Pentax straps?
PostPosted: Sun Jul 26, 2009 5:31 am 

LeDave wrote:
I was walking around the mall about 2 and a half weeks ago and saw this dude with what appeared to look like a Nikon D40 or D60 or something. He wore this jumbo yellow strap around his neck with the words NIKON on it. I felt dwarfed by the size of that strap compared to my puny little PENTAX one. I didn't care that I felt dwarfed lawl, my K-m/K2000 is a dwarf itself. It's just that it looked sooo awesome! I was wondering if there are any bigger PENTAX stamped straps for any other Pentax DSLR's that will fit my K-m/K2000? :D

You can check www.pentaximaging.com or www.pentaxslr.com.
IMHO, I don't think it matters. In fact, it is much better if people DON'T know you have an SLR.

www.flickr.com/glxlr

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 26, 2009 5:59 am 

I'm definitely going to agree with GLXLR on this one... I'd rather not have people a) know I'm carrying around an expensive bit of kit, regardless of the brand, b) have some snob come up and criticize my brand choice (this has actually happened to me... some Nikon/Canon owners just don't know how nice Pentax/Oly/Sony equipment can be), or c) have a massively uncomfortable strap with PENTAX embroidered all over it digging into my neck all day. I ditched the provided strap as soon as I could after getting my K200D, and replaced it with a large, black, unmarked, padded LowePro strap... one of the best purchases I've made for the camera, I think, because I can wear it all day without problems.

That being said, I just did a Google search and couldn't really find anything in the way of Pentax straps outside of replacements... the typical red emroidered ones or those with the embossed leather that come packaged with their cameras/binocts/etc.

I suppose if nothing else, you could make one yourself! :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 26, 2009 7:55 am 
I also found some information about this Rapid R strap, it seemed pretty cool too.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=14Q1IxI_Opw