Free Shipping on ALL Products
camera reviewsbest cameraslens reviewsphotography tipscamera forumvideo toursphotography bookssupport me
It is currently Sat Aug 23, 2014 6:12 am

All times are UTC

Post subject: Pro Macro Ring Flash
PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2007 3:04 am 
I heard these are good for close ups and portrait, is this true? And if so, is it a good investment...since I am not gonna upgrade bodies for about 3-4 months I though I might wanna get some cool gear for when I do, I am mainly gonna focus on stuff for portraits.

Here is the link...

http://cgi.ebay.com/FLASH-RING-FOR-CAME ... dZViewItem

But I am not sure if it will fit on a 52mm filter thread, although if you check the supplied accesories it has a 52mm/55mm/and 62mm so does that mean it will fit on a 52mm thread?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2007 7:40 am 
Well Nathan it would seem when you buy this item. Like when you buy shoes etc you need to state the size in the sellers message box.

Just make sure you write 52mm ring when you buy it and all should be well.

'Available Adapter Ring: 52, 55, 58 and 62mm ring sizes' this i copied from the link you gave, so yes you can get the 52mm ring :) .

Also a bit off-topic here. You posted last night that youre getting the D80 body ina few weeks, yet here you say youre not upgrading now? until next year :? , slightly confused hehe.

Jay

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2007 7:06 pm 

Watch out though Nathan, a lot of the ring flashes that are unbranded or a "werid" name, are just LED's, not the physical flash tubes.

I'd go with a Sigma Ring Flash on the face of it, not sure if it works with Nikon bodies though.

Cactus V2s Wireless Trigger - 5 x Cactus V2s Wireless Reciever

MY FLICKR!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2007 7:29 pm 
I order it but am sending it back becasue it won't fit the 67mm filter thread, and yes I am buing a D80. This is an older post that should be closed.