Free Shipping on ALL Products
camera reviewsbest cameraslens reviewsphotography tipscamera forumvideo toursphotography bookssupport me
It is currently Wed Sep 24, 2014 2:55 am

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2006 5:25 pm 

I sometimes stumble across something unique in the way of software and this is, in my opinion, one of those times. I found a software that does noise reduction, resolution enhancement, AND removes unwanted object in a picture, with astounding success. Here is the link to it.

http://www.photoacute.com/studio/exampl ... ample.html

I really think whether you have a Fuji, Panasonice, Olympus, Sony or other camera this is a very very nice piece of software. Seeing is believeing, and with the link you can decide for yourself if this is something of a good tool in your "digital' arsenal. I know that Adobe can do similar things, but sometimes things like Adobe are pretty pricey and not everyone can afford it. Noise filters are out there too, and I have even tried them out, but to correct noise and improve resolution and detail is truly remarkable.

Since there is not a sub-heading for PP (post processing) or "Software", in the forums, I will put this post here and if the administrator wants to make it a sticky or move/delete it that is their perogative. I just know that when I find some tidbit of useful stuff for either the comptuer or my camera, I really like to share and at least give others the opportunity of finding and checking it out for themselves.

"You will know the truth, and the truth will set you free."
(Jn 8:23)

"I started out in life with nothing....and I've managed to keep most of it!"

Post subject: Spam?
PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2007 2:03 am 
I hate advertising on forums.

But you got me. I tried it, I bought it. It's awesome. It's not cheap, it's a lot of post processing time, it requires a good burst mode and high ISO from your camera (and still, you'd need amount of skill when taking the photos). Not magic (you can almost only shoot at still objects), no 16 bit depth on the output (maybe if you pay for that over 100dlls version of it, it's not quite clear) which means no hdr imaging capabilities at all and limited wonder, considering the possibilities (icreasing spatial resolution and color depth must be posible using this kind of technology).

Use it for museums or churchs (where that lousy noisy awfull 3200 ISO is the only option since no tripod or flash is allowed) and feel as if you owned a full frame when the post processing is finished... sometimes, I mean, if you're lucky enough to find something dimly lit (but within your camera stretched limits), perfectly still, interesting to photograph and lucky enough to be able to take 5-9 photos not moving too much.

Sorry if it's spam. But I did find that software interesting, and a huge upgrade from my Registax, wich is freeware and does quite a bit less, using the same idea.

Try a super resolution search at the wikipedia to find out more.