Personally I plan to wait until Pentax/Samsung are prepared to plunge into the full frame arena, I assume that it is inevitable at some future point (I could be badly wrong, i.e what a reverse it would be for Olympus).
As much as faster af, better noise control, faster frame rate will all be welcome my K10d suits my needs at present.
However, as mentioned above, I hope that Pentax/ Samsung may enter the full frame arena - that would really get my attention as long as it is not with some daft pixel count.
Having chosen Pentax I have watched with interest at the way full frame has been approached by others.
I'm not really a Nikon fan but I have great respect for the fact that they offer a full frame 12mp option together with the 24mp option as this makes great sense, at least to me it does.
I just don't get the pixel race, partly because I just don't care that much for it and I am not usually conned by marketing hype ( I feel open to a few jibes here)
Therefore, if anyone from Pentax/Samsung is reading this and wants to make note here would be my ideal wish list.
1. Full frame 'options' in terms of pixel count not 30mp take it or leave it for example.
2. Faster frame rates, not much use to me but clearly of use to others.
3. Better high iso performance (ie lower pixel count model as no one has yet avoided the laws of physics, but maybe some have bent them a tad)
4. Faster af would also be nice.
5. Sony style live view (a copy wouldn't bother me but it might upset Sony, Sorry Sony) but why include live view if it isn't up to scratch. (I appreciate that the Sony A900 does not have live view)
Should this happen then my missus is going to be unhappy at how much I may be prepared to spend if the product is right, until then the K10d will do for me.
Having looked at many reviews I believe that image quality has not really moved on as much as other areas (af, live view, frame rate etc) with the exception of the full frame nikon 12mp models and the other full frame models to a lesser degree (from a probably never going to print above A3 point of view) and as Pentax appears to pride itself in producing 'photographic tools' wouldn't it be nice to see something come along to really produce in the image quality sector rather than listening to the marketing bod's (Fuji should note this and bring back the sensor used in the F30/f31fd for their compacts - I haven't been able to find a resonably priced 2nd hand f31fd and my old man won't part with the one I persuaded him to buy)
Anyone care to comment, perhaps shoot me down in flames etc etc (preferably in a polite way)