Free Shipping on ALL Products
camera reviewsbest cameraslens reviewsphotography tipscamera forumvideo toursphotography bookssupport me
It is currently Thu Jul 24, 2014 1:36 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: K200D questions
PostPosted: Tue Dec 23, 2008 6:21 am 
I just have a few questions about my Pentax K200D that (hopefully) someone wil be able to help me out with.

1) How do i use "catch-focus"? i read in Gordan's review, that the K200D had a focusing option that will take a picture automatically when the subject comes into focus. I bought the camera before i heard about this, so it isnt that important to me, but it would be helpful to know how to do at some stage.

2) How do i set up the flash to go off as soon as i hit the shutter release? I do a lot of photography where timing is important, and if i wait around for the 1ish second it takes for the flash to go off i've missed the photo. I was also planning on buying some remote flashes. would this still be a problem with them?

Any and all help would be greatly appreciated!!!

-Jake

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 26, 2008 12:20 am 
1) This will work with any MF lens attached as far as I'm concern. For DA* , it is required to switch the button on the lens to MF. For any other AF lens, the pins on the body need to short out, with aluminium foil? The pins on the lens probably should be covered with sticky tap. The camera has to be in AF.S.

2) I don't do flash photography..but shouldn't the flash go off as soon as you hit shutter release? Are you talking about the built in one? If so, it need to charge up in between shots. Same with external one, but quicker I think.