Free Shipping on ALL Products
camera reviewsbest cameraslens reviewsphotography tipscamera forumvideo toursphotography bookssupport me
It is currently Fri Aug 22, 2014 8:19 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 15, 2008 6:12 pm 
Bjorn van Sinttruije wrote:
could you make an unboxing video

lol, camera pr0n :P

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 15, 2008 6:16 pm 

Indeed. I love watching those videos, makes me think of unboxing my gear. That's why I'll make a video of the 70-200mm as well, to enjoy the moment more than once, without having to box the lens every time... :D

- Bjorn -

Leica M9-P (my article on Camera Labs) | Leica D-Lux 5 | 50mm Summilux

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 15, 2008 8:28 pm 
Bjorn van Sinttruije wrote:
to enjoy the moment more than once, without having to box the lens every time... :D

Loool :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 16, 2008 12:16 am 
I'm Probably not getting anything in September. I'm Gearing for October. Still a long way away. Its soo hard to be able to wait, I would love to have it now, but i gotta wait. I'll post it when i know when and when i get it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 16, 2008 12:31 am 
Man i've been doing some research, and its driving me mad. people are saying that the A700 is sold out in lots of camera stores because sony is planning to release a new one and is dicontinuing sales slowly of the "old" one. And that the price will go up after the 20th of september to slow sales down before the release of the new one. They are saying its like when they put the price of the HV-56 back up before the HV-58 came out. Now if this is true doesn't mean that mean the new one would be showed at photokina and if it does come out, I would want it. But that would mean more waiting probably. anyhow just wondering if you guys had heard anything

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 16, 2008 8:42 am 
Hey Frank,
I'm not sure about the replacement for the A700.
But in Singapore, recently they lower the price of A700 and also allow customers to bundle purchase the VG-C70AM & HVL-42AM at a special price.
I'm actually tempted to get it as well. :(

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 17, 2008 1:52 pm 

Shin Howard wrote:
...bundle purchase the VG-C70AM & HVL-42AM at a special price.

I would have loved buying that bundle. Just a minute ago, I thought: who don't all DSLRs come bundled with grips as well, instead of lenses only?

I just read the A700 becoming less and less available, and some rumours are circulating (also in stores) of an Alpha 800, possible the A700 replacement (?). Since you won't be getting anything before the beginning of October, wait a few days and see whether Sony announces something new at Photokina (starts the 23rd). If there is something new... get that, I guess :? . You'll have to wait some time before it becomes available though...

- Bjorn -

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 17, 2008 3:14 pm 
I thought Photokina had been there already, and the two new lenses and a900 was released there :P

Is there some place on the online i can see what's goin on there when it starts?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 18, 2008 12:00 pm 

http://www.photokina-cologne.com/ , that's the official site of the Photokina. There will probably not be any information about what's being relased or shown on that site. For Sony-related news, visit the Sony presscentre page. There you'll find news as soon as it becomes availabe.
There might be more than the A900 and the two lenses that were announced already. Photokina starts next week tuesday, so we won't have to wait much longer to see if there's more...

- Bjorn -