Free Shipping on ALL Products
camera reviewsbest cameraslens reviewsphotography tipscamera forumvideo toursphotography bookssupport me
It is currently Fri Oct 31, 2014 4:14 am

All times are UTC

Post subject: Owners of a200/300/350
PostPosted: Thu Sep 04, 2008 7:35 pm 
Hi all
Just would like to know if anyone here has a hand grip that feels plasticy and has stared to move slightly when you hold it it creaks? I know the camera is a budget one but I've held other makes and they have a solid feel to them even know there plastic. I'm probably being a bit to picky but its beginning TO BUG ME.

Thanks all

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 04, 2008 8:21 pm 

If I grab mine hard (far harder than normal) and shake it, I can make it creak a bit. Even then I think it is the lens moving.

Tinies: Sony HX9V.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 04, 2008 9:37 pm 
no mine is fine never had a nose out of mine

and thanks popo for the handgrip works a treat and is nice to use cheers mate

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 05, 2008 9:52 am 
Had not noticed it before, but yes mine creaks slightly, taken about 3000 shots

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 05, 2008 6:33 pm 
the a100 is built better than the a200 if your intrested in that at all.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 06, 2008 6:08 am 
I'm not getting any sound out of mine, and I use it every day! I've had it out in the hot summer sun and now out in the cool nights taking night shots. 50 odd deg. No issues at all.

I was in the camera shop last week and someone was there with the same issue that you are talking about. But there's was on a Nikon camera. The tech at the shop said that it was the lens doing it and not the grip as was said. I heard the sound also and I thought it was the grip and he took the lens off and it did not make the sound.
Of course I do not know if this is your issue but you might try that and see if it is it. He said it has something to do with the way some of the lens mounts where made. I'm no pro at this so check it out with users that have a lot more time in it than me. But it is something to check.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 06, 2008 8:25 am 
Kind of I guess... You have to really listen for it though, and it doesn't help that I have the weighty beercan on it right now. Make you have to squeeze tighter to pick it up. It doesn't sound like anything is wrong though, andunless yours sounds faulty don't worry about it. Mine doesn't visibly move though.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 06, 2008 3:05 pm 
Thanks for your replies, I seem to have solved the problem for now. On the side where the hand grip is there are two small screws, by just loosening them be a quarter turn each has stopped the creaking must be allowing the plastic to move a bit more . This hasn't loosened anything in a big way just stopping the plastic from binding and making a noise, so all is cool now.

Thanks all

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 06, 2008 3:35 pm 
sitinduk wrote:
Thanks for your replies, I seem to have solved the problem for now. On the side where the hand grip is there are two small screws, by just loosening them be a quarter turn each has stopped the creaking must be allowing the plastic to move a bit more . This hasn't loosened anything in a big way just stopping the plastic from binding and making a noise, so all is cool now.

Thanks all

This is good to know, now if I have that issue I know what to check. Thanks for posting this!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 07, 2008 11:39 am 
Not had that problem but I don't intend 'grabbing it far harder than normal and shaking it' to find out!! It's a £350+ delicate instrument!! :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 07, 2008 11:48 am 

The cameras are tough enough to take a little shake. It's only more sudden movements (like knocks or dropping impact) that are more likely to cause a problem. Consider when it was sent in original box. Apart from the cardboard, there's not really anything to cushion shipping shocks which I'm sure are more than anything we'd put it through normally.

Tinies: Sony HX9V.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 07, 2008 12:27 pm 

You may or may not have seen it, but the guy who's labelled WANTED all around the internet, Joseph Nicholas Spina (the pretending National Geographic shooter) used a Nikon D2x/h/? to knock nails into his wall. The camera survided. I'm sure the A200/300/350 would survive a little shake. Like popo wrote, the shipping of the camera's would do a lot more harm than the daily use of our cams.

A note: when I bought my camera, and asked the salesman whether I could handle it first, he was a little too 'excited' and almost dropped the camera. It actually flew on itself, not being held by even one finger. The man reacted fast enough to grab the A700, if not, it would have fallen to pieces. :shock:

- Bjorn -

Leica M9-P (my article on Camera Labs) | Leica D-Lux 5 | 50mm Summilux