Free Shipping on ALL Products
camera reviewsbest cameraslens reviewsphotography tipscamera forumvideo toursphotography bookssupport me
It is currently Mon Sep 01, 2014 1:45 pm

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Thu Aug 14, 2008 2:01 am 
A900 BODY PRICING.Could this be it?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 14, 2008 10:03 am 

Oh, mods, double posting alert!
Just kidding! You must have missed my post here:
Bjorn van Sinttruije wrote:
this French photography store has it priced at €2490,-

It sounds very exciting though, a FF professional camera at this price point. Not that Sony would send out a message like: "Hey, look at us, we now have an Alpha for professionals, take us seriously in the DSLR market!". On one hand, I think a price like this would be good (even I could buy it if I wanted to!), but on the other hand: with this price, it may not be taken as seriously as the D3 and 1D(s).
Let's wait and see...

- Bjorn -

Leica M9-P (my article on Camera Labs) | Leica D-Lux 5 | 50mm Summilux

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 15, 2008 1:37 am 
I think Canon and Nikon have that high price because they don´t had competitor.

Nikon buy the sensor to other brand, this is more expenditure and the new technology is more cheap.

Look the a200, is better than D60 and K200D and cheaper. The a300 is cheaper than 1000D. The new market economy and the new technology make the productos cheaper.

Nikon already has the D3 in $4100 in USA and the D700 in $2990. Sony make all its components, sensor, LCD, procesor, etc... and for it the camera is cheaper.

I think the price, in Sony Alpha, is not synonymous of low quality.

I just want look a image from the a900 with te CZ 24-70mm or the CZ 85mm. :shock:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 15, 2008 8:07 am 
:D good one Bjorn

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 15, 2008 11:44 am 

alexramos wrote:
I think Canon and Nikon have that high price because they don´t had competitor.
Nikon buy the sensor to other brand, this is more expenditure and the new technology is more cheap.
Look the a200, is better than D60 and K200D and cheaper. The a300 is cheaper than 1000D. The new market economy and the new technology make the productos cheaper.
Nikon already has the D3 in $4100 in USA and the D700 in $2990. Sony make all its components, sensor, LCD, procesor, etc... and for it the camera is cheaper.
I think the price, in Sony Alpha, is not synonymous of low quality.
I just want look a image from the a900 with te CZ 24-70mm or the CZ 85mm. :shock:

You have a good point there Alex! Sony can make most of the components by itself, so their costs are lower...
And, yes, I too would love to see photos or the A900 with one of those Zeiss lenses. Hmmmm...... :P

- Bjorn -

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 21, 2008 7:11 am 
This website is famous in France: It's also written "prix non contractuel". It means this guy who owns a tiny store has no idea at all about the the real price. Anyway, it's a good buzz even in chinese websites.
He has done the same with Nikon D700 few weeks ago...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 21, 2008 12:35 pm 

Follow the same link posted above, and you'll see the A900 may be available from the 30th of September!
Just before, on the 29th, I'm expecting to go and buy the 70-200mm. Perhaps I should wait one day, and then try it on the A900?!

- Bjorn -

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 21, 2008 12:42 pm 
Hi Bjorn! Enjoy your 70-200 but once again, but don't forget that in the link posted above all the details about products not yet announced are just predictions. It's also written that if you pre-order one A900, it will be delivered within 365 days...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 21, 2008 12:46 pm 

Ricardo wrote:
Hi Bjorn! Enjoy your 70-200 but once again, but don't forget that in the link posted above all the details about products not yet announced are just predictions. It's also written that if you pre-order one A900, it will be delivered within 365 days...

I sure will enjoy it. There'll be a review as well, for those interested in reading it!
Would anybody actually order a not-yet-excisting camera? I think the person behind it needs to get some extra attention, perhaps his shop isn't doing to well. This is great marketing. From all over the world, people visit the site.

- Bjorn -

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 21, 2008 12:58 pm 
You're right! Good marketing but I would prefer to buy in a shop famous for low prices or efficient customer service..

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 22, 2008 5:34 pm 

Ricardo wrote:
... I would prefer to buy in a shop famous for low prices or efficient customer service..

Good thing there's a shop exactly like that quite close to my hometown. A 15 minutes drive and I'm at one of the biggest and best camera stores of my country (for the Dutch: Kamera* Express in Capelle, echt een goede zaak).

(* No, we don't spell camera with a K, the shop uses it though).

- Bjorn -

:oops: , now I'm giving them free marketing. :wink: