I was somewhat in the same situation, albeit without a camera to start with
. Perhaps the best thing to do is to answer a couple of questions for yourself like:
1. When do I need this A700?
You could wait for the kina to end, see what camera's are introduced and quickly buy the A700 before the 30th if you don't like the new offering. But then you have to act really
2. At what price do you think will the expected/rumoured upgrade will hit the streets?
Upgraded version will certainly mean upgraded price. Compare A700 the introductory price with the current offer to get an idea!
In my situation, a planned vacation in October and current attractive price-tag made me decide to buy now.
As for the A100: perhaps you could try a local camera store to find an attractive A100 tradein deal. If you decide to buy the A700 at that store, perhaps a better tradein value can be achieved.