Free Shipping on ALL Products
camera reviewsbest cameraslens reviewsphotography tipscamera forumvideo toursphotography bookssupport me
It is currently Sat Apr 19, 2014 12:50 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: Sony Sigma/Tamron rumor
PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2007 8:40 pm 

Rumor has it on this forum that Sigma and Sony lenses are the same. I tried to compare the lenses from Sigma and Sony but they didn’t look the same to me. However, Tamron lenses do seem to have similarities with Sony in look and technical specifications. Not that it matters that much but it would be nice to know just out of curiosity, is Tamron somehow affiliated with Sony/Minolta?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2007 9:10 pm 
Site Admin

Hi Rune, this is the sort of thing that companies like Tamron and Sigma wouldn't officially talk about. I just heard a rumour that the the KM and therefore the rebranded Sony 18-200mm is the same as the Sigma 18-200mm.

As far as I know it's only this one lens, and as far as I know it's Sigma, not Tamron.

Gordon

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2007 12:04 pm 

I searched a bit more on the net and wikipedia suggests that Tamron makes Sonys DT lenses since they own about 11% of Tamron...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2007 1:31 am 

Hello, I am new here and excuse my English...

The 5 lenses that it placed in the market Konica Minolta before their union to Sony together with Maxxum / Dynax 7D and 5D were created in you manufacture them of Tamron. The KMS DT 11-18, 18-70 and 18-200mm and FF 17-35 and 28-75mm.

The reissue of Sony of DT of KM came out also of you manufacture them of Tamron, but it is believed that it was a temporary measure awaiting Carl's collaboration Zeiss in the optic reflex for Sony.

iFn 20mm f/2.8 (coming soon)
30mm f/2
50-200mm f/4-5.6 ED OIS
Sony VAIO CR140F White