Free Shipping on ALL Products
camera reviewsbest cameraslens reviewsphotography tipscamera forumvideo toursphotography bookssupport me
It is currently Wed Apr 16, 2014 8:23 pm

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Thu Sep 12, 2013 8:27 pm 

I used to watch the video reviews,Where are they??

I saw that you are completing a video but wheres the list?? :roll:

My new asus zen book no longer fills in the name and password since i had to remove a trojen perhaps ive changed config items i shouldn't have :shock: At the same time my laptop simply cant see your video items :roll:

PostPosted: Fri Sep 13, 2013 8:40 am 

:? I think,i found it"video tours" :?: The sony NEX range is absent.And the panasonic LX3 is the latest model :?: :shock:

Why is the link hidden on the forum page only???Almost no one ever comes hear.Video reviews are really useful,now 3G is possible.Im looking for an upgrade for my NEX5N on which firmware update are impossible.

Reading through reviews that try hard not to say anything bad is just to time consuming in todays environment.I have a NEX i would change but the Fuji for example which is the nearest to the NEX 6 is dreadful,it uses old tech is very slow and the direct equivalent to the NEX6 costs exactly double.

To see that i had to read the review hear TWICE.where a video report could have been watched 5 times (while im doing the washing for example)

Try to find which camera has time laps--on video would be clear.whereas hidden in waves of text is easily missed

:roll: :roll:

PostPosted: Fri Sep 13, 2013 10:48 am 

Text-based reviews have advantages in comparison to video reviews, which mainly relate to content and costs (in terms of time).
First, to present as much valuable information as Gordon does in a video review would make for a 2-hour documentary, which nobody is going to watch. Instead, one might make a 5 or 10 minute video, which would not present nearly as much information. Furthermore, compression of the video in editing software and by a site like YouTube means that image samples, or crops thereof, will not represent the true quality of the images. This is what many people look for in reviews, and why they prefer text-based pieces.
Costs differ significantly too. Writing a long review takes a lot of time, of course, but if you've ever had to create a 10 minute video (with jump-cuts, titles, etc., as well as compressing, uploading and the like), you'll know that it takes much much longer to create a video than to simply write a piece of text. The more time you spend creating a single review, the less reviews you can write, which ultimately results in you making less money.

Video reviews are a good means of orientation if you are not sure of what camera to buy. Then, once you've decided on a model, or are torn between 2 or 3 models, you can read text-based reviews to get all the details and make a properly informed decision.
If you want to watch more videos while narrowing down your camera selection, head over to YouTube and search for whichever model you are interested in. Be careful with channels like DigitalRev TV though: they might be fun to watch (I think so anyway), but the information they give you is quite basic. To be sure that you get the camera that is right for you, you should probably consult a thorough review.

- Bjorn

Leica M9-P (my article on Camera Labs) | Leica D-Lux 5 | 50mm Summilux

PostPosted: Mon Sep 23, 2013 2:10 pm 

:shock: OH!! I imagined it to be far the quickest way to review :(

Simply take a camera stand in front of another,and talk,point,indicate,and done :? At most 30 mins against typing out the review and adding images,that have to be taken :roll:

I understand now 8)

PostPosted: Thu Oct 17, 2013 9:25 pm 
Site Admin

Thanks for explaining that Bjorn! I'd also add to that video reviews have terrible SEO compared to written reviews, so once you've put in all that hard work, they don't show up in search engines very well! And the worst part? They pay really badly too!

That said, I just make a video preview of the new Sony A7 and A7r at: http://www.cameralabs.com/reviews/Sony_Alpha_A7/

Gordon