Free Shipping on ALL Products
camera reviewsbest cameraslens reviewsphotography tipscamera forumvideo toursphotography bookssupport me
It is currently Wed Aug 20, 2014 8:25 pm

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2012 4:35 pm 
I am an advanced beginner photographer and want to take indoor volleyball action shots. I currently own a Sony N50 and these 2 lenses: tamron AF 1.4-5.6/70-300 and sony 3.5-5.6/18-70. Based on your lens review advice, I was looking at the SAL70200G f/2.8 SSM, which is very expensive. Would that lens give great results on an N50? Is there a comparable one, maybe by another manufacturer, that would give great results? Is it even possible to do sports photography on an N50 or do I need to be thinking about another camera? What would you suggest is the most cost-effective way to go?

Thank you!

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2012 12:40 am 

Sony N50? I just checked the product page for Sony's 18-70mm lens and couldn't find a listing for a compatible camera with that model number.

Having said that, generally speaking, a 70-200mm f2.8 lens will be fine for indoor volleyball (unless you're way up in the "nose bleed" seats in the KFC Yum Center).

So are you a Penn State fan or local to Louisville? - Mark