Free Shipping on ALL Products
camera reviewsbest cameraslens reviewsphotography tipscamera forumvideo toursphotography bookssupport me
It is currently Sat Oct 25, 2014 4:26 am

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2012 4:03 am 
It's been a long time coming due to paying medical bills and the like but I finally upgraded my durable little Canon of 5+ years. At one point I had a dSLR picked out but ended up opting to go the superzoom route. With the variety of needs I felt I'd wait a few years when I will have more time to invest in and deal with multiple lenses, etc.

Given my needs for low-light and action shots (inside pool and martial arts) I purchased the Sony Cyber-shot HX200V (the autofocus on the Canon SX40 HS was sketchy at best in the store which shocked me).

I was able to dig out my Camera Labs neck strap that I've had tucked in a drawer since 12/2010--yikes. But I love it and its definitely needed for this camera!

So far I'm impressed with the lowlight pics in my dark living room. I spent an hour playing with various settings at a taekwondo competition training class (under lovely florescent lighting) and I think I've found what settings work best. Video is great too. I photograph 7 hours worth of belt testings later this week so I need to do some trials in that auditorium. After that I look forward to doing more manually, but not for a testing.

Cannot wait to get this outside to see what it can do.

~Carla

PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2012 8:27 am 

Hi Carla,

Congratulations on the new camera. 8)

Bob.

Astrophotography: TEC 140 'scope, FLI ML16803 camera, ASA DDM60 Pro mount.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2012 6:53 pm 
Site Admin

Glad to hear the old cameralabs strap is seeing some action Carla!

PS - we also recently reviewed the HX200V at:

http://www.cameralabs.com/reviews/Sony_ ... SC_HX200V/

PostPosted: Wed Jun 26, 2013 3:53 pm 

Hi there. I'm from Argentina, and i'm about to buy a hx200. I own now a DSC-hx1, that makes some noise at iso 400 in interiors, and i wonder if hx200 is better than thta. The hx1 has a sony g lens, and the hx200 has a carl zeiss. Does it makes any difference? Thank you!