Free Shipping on ALL Products
camera reviewsbest cameraslens reviewsphotography tipscamera forumvideo toursphotography bookssupport me
It is currently Tue Jul 29, 2014 7:12 pm

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2011 3:54 pm 

:( I left my Sony NX3 at home taking my Nikon 5000 instead,

The reason is i only have the 16mm sony lense and use Nikon lenses and manual focus which works very well,but traveling its a bit slow

Id forgoten just how bad the nikon focus is i missed several images today most for my note book of market dates on signs at the road side

I picked up my Nikon pressed the sutter pressed again and again Nothing then again this time i put it down took my sony TX1 click and image of sign

Later a landscape Nikon hopeless sony click click and images

Video sony great nikon live veiw hopeless

Perhaps after about 2 years the Nikon is broken or simply giving up?

I love my sony NX3 the price at around 200$ for the body super now ive seen an nx5 with 18 55 zoom for 400$ just a few $ more than the lense

im tempted but sony e lenses are not so good my Nikon lenses once focused are stunningly good

The sony without a veiw finder dose eat the battery another reason for taking the Nikon the new sony with a finger is 1400$ far to much

I hope my nx 3 lasts it looks as though i wount be buying a replacement a real pity its such a good camera and very portable

Id rather carry a sony in many towns than a large expensive looking Nikon

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2011 4:51 pm 
Sounds to me like you are switching your Nikon lens from body to body, and leaving the autofocus switch on the lens left to fully manual, so it wont autofocus on the Nikon.

Either that or you dont understand how to set autofocus.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 16, 2011 11:48 am 
Quote:
Id forgoten just how bad the nikon focus is i missed several images today

Maybe that's your fault...sure,a non-pro AF system is not super precise,but in most situations,it's up to the user to handle.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2011 2:10 pm 

just want to say that the sony dose work always takes an image where as the Nikon just cant manage at times

I paid 160 euros for my NX3 body Nikon cost a lot more

I also wanted to say its a great pity sony have priced their new modles with DSLRs the veiwfinder sony might be great

The down side with screen only is battery life nikon days or better sony day or two very good to use

PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2012 2:06 am 
Yeah,
That requires us to set autofocus.