Free Shipping on ALL Products
camera reviewsbest cameraslens reviewsphotography tipscamera forumvideo toursphotography bookssupport me
It is currently Thu Apr 17, 2014 4:01 pm

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Sun Jun 19, 2011 7:13 pm 

Im looking for some advise on the best wide angle 10/11mm-18-25mm or so. I've been looking at the Tamron and the Tokina and the sony lens. Im going to be using it for indoor photography in situations that my current lens 18-55m im pressed against the back walls trying to get the best view I can. I read a few reviews some slamming to Tamron brands and others giving them a glowing review. Any suggestions would be great.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 19, 2011 8:13 pm 

In the end, they're all good enough for a good photographer and the right settings to get excellent photos from - Sigma, Tamron, Tokina, or the Sony branded ones. There may be a few advantages or disadvantages among the different lenses, but they all come pretty close to evening out in the end. The Tokina's the fastest, and respectably sharp, but suffers more flare issues, the Tamron is the next fastest and almost as fast, with very good flare control and center sharpness, but suffers a wee bit more corner softness when the aperture is wide open, the Sigma is slower but decently sharp in the corners and when stopped down, but has the hardest to correct distortion due to complex curving and bending only at the ends of the frame. The Sony is a Tamron design, and so closest to the performance of the Tamron, though the Sony is based on the older Tamron lens before the current 10-24.

I've been very happy with the Tamron 10-24 for many years now and would recommend it to anyone...but I also don't think you'll go wrong with any of the others.

Galleries:
http://www.pbase.com/zackiedawg