Free Shipping on ALL Products
camera reviewsbest cameraslens reviewsphotography tipscamera forumvideo toursphotography bookssupport me
It is currently Mon Nov 24, 2014 9:44 am

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Wed Feb 09, 2011 4:56 am 
I'm almost there to decide which camera to buy, but there is one thing about I really don't know anything.

So, what is the difference between Optical and Electronic Viewfinder?,and which is better?, if I could ask question like that..

I was thinking about Nikon d3100, than Pentax K-r, than Canon EOS500 or 550...any some other cameras and they have classic Optical viewfinder. In meantime, I saw Sony models SLT 33 (which corresponding to my budget) and model A560 and 580 which are so good for me. I think that those two models have really good AF during movie mode and also good picture quality with maybe best continuous shooting quality. The only thing that is quite bad is maybe battery life ( I heard about it from friend of mine )...

Just to mention, I didn't buy camera yet so if it is something important for these cameras, please let me know.

Thank you in advance.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 09, 2011 7:06 am 
Site Admin

Hi Soto, welcome on-board. Take a look at my Panasonic GH2 review as it includes lots of remarks about the A33 and A55, and discusses the pros and cons of electronic viewfinders. It'll be a good starter for you.

http://www.cameralabs.com/reviews/Panas ... x_DMC_GH2/

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 09, 2011 4:26 pm 
The EVf of the a33 is fenomenal, for me is better tnah OVF