Free Shipping on ALL Products
camera reviewsbest cameraslens reviewsphotography tipscamera forumvideo toursphotography bookssupport me
It is currently Mon Dec 22, 2014 6:41 am

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2007 9:51 pm 
Hi every body...

Here...

http://www.minoltaspain.com/foros/index.php?topic=7652
Spanish

and here...

http://forums.dpreview.com/forums/readf ... d=26089209

you can see the picture of the new lens Sony-CZ.

Here CZ have history again, the first lens CZ with SSM, this no have G lens because is a CZ lens, have f/2.8 and diameter of the filter of 77mm and FF lens.

This is the first lens signed for another brand, together to Sony, in a lens SSM.

Excuse my english...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2007 11:44 pm 

Early this year Sony announced they would be producing 2 DSLRs within 1 year. I also noted in that release was additional lens support for the two new products. The announcement hinted at a full frame "pro" body, and a midlevel product above the alpha 100. The a700 fills that bill. I suspect this will be the standard issue lens and will be announced in January 08 along with the new Sony body .. all speculation on my part of course but the focal length does hint at a full frame. I believe the current CZ lenses are full frame coverage? 85 f1.4, 135 f1.8, and 16-80 f3.5-4.5.

This from the CZ web page:
"The ZA new interchangeable lenses from Carl Zeiss with the Sony Alpha bayonet offer superior imaging performance and high opto-mechanical precision coupled with auto focus technology from Sony.
They can be used with Sony Alpha SLR cameras and also all analog and digital SLR cameras from Konica-Minolta."

Looks to me like the days of APSC are numbered!!
Sony also produces sensors for a number of other manufactures .. i.e. Nikon. As we have seen Canon is showing little enthusiasm for crop frame lens support, now we see Sony and Nikon on the same path. This could indeed be a good omen.