Free Shipping on ALL Products
camera reviewsbest cameraslens reviewsphotography tipscamera forumvideo toursphotography bookssupport me
It is currently Tue Sep 23, 2014 6:27 am

All times are UTC

Post subject: thanks Sony!!
PostPosted: Fri Oct 01, 2010 12:36 pm 
I've been a sony user now for about 3 years, Minolta before that, but I have never been more in love with the brand and people at Sony than I am today.

So I've got a Sigma 70-200 ƒ2.8 but a few weeks ago I dropped it getting off a long train ride and the focusing rod seems to have broken.
Insurance will cover that but its a matter of waiting for it to be done.
So anyway in May I started working for a camera store part time while I finish my 2 year full time photography course.
This week kicks off my very busy time with photography, I do horse racing and with the big races starting I was left with a few options, buy a new lens, cry on the phone and try to them to push my claim through quicker or call sony and try my luck in getting a loan lens.

Well I called Sony, spoke with a rep who deals with our store, she loved my sony sales numbers and that I used sony, I was left hopeful.

Last night I got an email saying that Sony would be more than happy to give me a loan lens for the 6 weeks, at NO COST.
They sent it out today, I'll get it first thing Monday morning and can't wait to get my hands on the best 70-200 ƒ2.8 in its class.

I can't wait, I'm even thinking of taking Monday off work so I can shoot around with this lens. I never thought I could love one company so much, and today to repay the love, I sold 3 sony dSLR's

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 01, 2010 1:01 pm 

well you are a lucky man... al i can say is the thing like that can't happen in nobodies dreams here in my country, even if it did happen would probably wind up on court for lens theft or something.. lolz

hope you post some of those pics :)

add me up on:

flickr:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/bakica/

deviant art:
http://tbensic.deviantart.com/

----:>bakice ce vladati svjetom<:----

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 06, 2010 1:50 pm 

Sony certainly is very generous when it comes to loaning lenses to their users. But I do believe there has to be a direct connection between the user and Sony. If you hadn't worked at the photo store, I doubt you'd have gotten the lens.

Congrats though, hope you enjoy using that white beast!

- Bjorn -

Leica M9-P (my article on Camera Labs) | Leica D-Lux 5 | 50mm Summilux