Sony HX5v vs. Panasonic TZ10 Side by Side Video Part 8
Part 8 Piedmont Park - Tom's Power Kite [720P] Daytime.
This is part of a multipart side by side video series comparing these two camera's video performance.
The individual clips will be posted for separate analysis.
Note - Take a look at the fast action image shadowing / ghosting in the Panasonic TZ10 / ZS7. Didn't notice this before because most of the footage was at normal speed. Sony appeared not to show this image shadow or ghosting.
Panasonic TZ10 (1280x720 Quicktime MOV Format); and
Sony HX5v (1280x720 H.264/MPEG-4 AVC Format):
1. Daytime performance is similar, but slightly different.
2. Pay attention to color/contrast handling of each camera.
3. Also look at each camera's image stabilization steadiness.
4. Both have about the same trouble with wind noise.
5. When both clips are processed individually,
you'll be able to listen to thier audio tracks separately.
6. Each audio track is actually playing at the same time,
so their may be some echoing throughout.
* This video was rendered at 1280x720 @ 10Mbps.
The HD (1280x720P) video is available on youtube at
It may take some time for youtube to process the all versions of the video for viewing.