Sony HX5v vs Panasonic TZ10 Side by Side Video Comparison
Part 2: Around Centennial Park, Atlanta, Georgia
This is Part 2 of a multipart side by side video series
I'm working on to compare these two camera's video performance.
I've recorded both in the AVCHD and the alternate formats MOV/MP4.
Of particular mention is the light streaking
of the Panasonic TZ10 which occurs both in the day, and nightime footage.
When the camera encounters a bright light, reflection, or sunset,
the lens effect causes a complete white or blue light streak (day/night respectively), across the source video vertically.
It totally destroys the video's quality, and distracts the viewer, and
upsets the viewing enjoyment.
The streak covers the entire frame, and cuts across anything else
in the frame regardless if its behind or in front of the light.
Here is a frame capture showing the light streak at 6m12 seconds:
The HD (1440x1080P) video is now available on youtube at
It may take some time for the high resolution version to be available.
See Light streaks at:
1) 1:00 - Cars passing by, reflections off bumpers, chrome, etc.
2) 3:30 - Pan left to right by park gate, sunset
3) 4:17 - Zoom out from inside park, sunset
4) 4:33 - By the Centennial Park sign, sunset
5) 5.28 - Walking shot along sidewalk, sunset
6) 6:45 - Walking shot along sidewalk, reflection off distant building
7) 7:09 - Pan, Let to Right across roadway, reflection off distant building
7:28 - Repeat of No 7 above, different view
9) 7:40 - Walking shot along sidewalk, reflection off distant building
0) 7:57 - Another Walking shot, different angle, reflection off distant building