Free Shipping on ALL Products
camera reviewsbest cameraslens reviewsphotography tipscamera forumvideo toursphotography bookssupport me
It is currently Tue Sep 23, 2014 4:46 am

All times are UTC

Post subject: Links
PostPosted: Tue Mar 30, 2010 5:20 pm 
Extremely bored and I haven't had any running (or still for that matter) water for the last 24+ hrs. So, since I can't go outside :shock: , I've just been watching youtube vids and reading gear reviews.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8OIrE5jmt5Q&feature=quicklist

The Sony rep here makes some questionable comments, i.e. effeminate class camera (I may have not heard properly, but it sounded like that, all I have to say is, really????), and also that one of the cameras from PMA 2010 will get released this year (sure hope they mean the A7xx, and not the effeminate one, which is also apparently the A5xx replacement.)

All in all, just strange commentary from someone who should probably know how to word things better (unless this is some kinda spoof, but I doubt it).

Also stumbled on this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tibGRQvhopo&feature=quicklist ... A tilt/shift adapter for Sony.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 30, 2010 5:47 pm 

If you want high quality T/S lenses for Sony, have a look at Harblei here:
http://hartblei.de/en/srz-set.htm

They're super-duper expensive though...

- Bjorn -

Leica M9-P (my article on Camera Labs) | Leica D-Lux 5 | 50mm Summilux

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 30, 2010 5:53 pm 
Thats the trouble with the Hartblei (?). It is mad expensive and you'd probably have to be 100% sure you need a T/S lens to pony up the cash for that. I don't know how much for the Milex, but it shouldn't be too bad and could just be a casual purchase for someone with a passing interest (No AF or focus confirmation probably). I have no need for it, but it does look pretty interesting on the A900.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 30, 2010 6:42 pm 

Mirex price list original and translated. Depending on version you're looking up to 400 euro, so maybe not an impulse purchase for most. If you compare to Canon TS, they don't have AF either so you're not missing much using an adapter.

Tinies: Sony HX9V.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 30, 2010 7:27 pm 
I guess the take away is that if you're into these kinds of things, its gonna cost ya! No 2 ways about it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 30, 2010 9:53 pm 

Those Hartblei's are some pretty sexy looking lenses, but contrary to their talk about the price being a highlight, I'd say the price is a real downer...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 30, 2010 10:37 pm 
I think that was probably google translate messing around, either that or I need to know what they are smoking, cus they sure don't grow it here :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 30, 2010 10:38 pm 

No the Hartblei site is native english. I checked the mirex site in German, I like to say my german is sufficient :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 30, 2010 10:58 pm 
What about the effeminate camera? Was I hearing things or did he actually say that?

If he was serious, this gives a whole new look into how Sony views things, a very disturbing look :shock:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 31, 2010 1:32 am 
haha... he said that the smaller a5xx replacement is for the "effeminate class user" which is really bizzare. I actually laughed pretty hard when he said that, very strange.

Honestly though... does anyone get the sense that sony is marketing their new DSLRs as if they are HDTVs or something. I am sure the new cameras will be great, but something about it just turns me away.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 31, 2010 10:04 am 
I don't get it, and you wouldn't either. This is probably because we aren't in their target market, i.e. the effeminate class :D ... Must be a new niche or something :D

Now we know why Sony does what Sony does, and at this rate, we'll see a pink camera very very soon! Oh joy!