Free Shipping on ALL Products
camera reviewsbest cameraslens reviewsphotography tipscamera forumvideo toursphotography bookssupport me
It is currently Fri Aug 29, 2014 1:54 am

All times are UTC

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 34 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next
PostPosted: Sat Feb 20, 2010 6:41 am 
http://sonyalpharumors.com/sr4-sony-a70 ... or-at-pma/

This is level 4 rumor. That means SR site owners are reasonably confident about it!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 20, 2010 6:26 pm 

To say it in a strategic way: this is not something for Adam Savage and Jamie Hyneman... :wink:

- Bjorn -

Leica M9-P (my article on Camera Labs) | Leica D-Lux 5 | 50mm Summilux

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 20, 2010 7:06 pm 
myth busters? I don't get it! Maybe its a cultural thing :?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 20, 2010 7:10 pm 

Someone else might be able to explain. Or I could explain in about 24 hours.

- Bjorn -

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 20, 2010 7:11 pm 

If the mythbusters are not interested, it isn't a myth.

Possibly one day to go until we find out...

Tinies: Sony HX9V.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 20, 2010 7:27 pm 
Oh ... That's some strange humour there :D

Been scanning the various forums, and some people seem to be displeased that Sony might have video in their cameras. Most seem to claim that they want a camera that is 100% photo and nothing else.

Now, I can understand complaining about that if Sony changed the default mode of the camera to always record video, and photos second, but thats not gonna happen. If the video does not in any way interfere with the photo taking ability, then why concern yourself with it? If your not interested in it, just don't use it, simple!

Maybe these are the same focus group people who suggested the A230/A330/A380? Its all well and good to want this feature, and that feature, but if you have no plans on buying the product or recommending it to friends regardless of what they do, then keep your mouth shut!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 20, 2010 7:33 pm 
http://translate.google.com/translate?j ... l=nl&tl=en

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 20, 2010 7:40 pm 
Good find oneguy. Little detail, but I like the optimism!

I have no plans to buy the A700 successor, and the one thing I want is truely marginal and although I think its a good feature to have, its probably a hard sell to most. That is integrated radio wireless flash trigger with full TTL and ratio control which exceeds or equals the Nikon infrared CLS system.

But, that's me, and I won't hold it against Sony if they don't do it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 20, 2010 7:49 pm 

As I think I mentioned elsewhere, video is the new live view. Die hard old school photographers might hate its existence, but the rest of the world moves on regardless. At least since video came up, I haven't heard people complain about live view any more :D

Tinies: Sony HX9V.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 20, 2010 8:02 pm 
Is it such an inconvenience for them to just see the button marked "video" and not push it? Don't ever let these guys near a nuclear reactor, just saying.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 20, 2010 8:03 pm 

Yay! Fotomateforum goes international! Too bad you guys have to read it in Googlish...

The mythbusters-line wasn't meant as a joke. I promised not to post anything that discloses further information.

Video for me is a must on the next camera I get, and so is full frame. So unless not all the cameras to be announced tomorrow have been rumoured, I'm not getting overly excited...

Maybe this years new lenses are gonna be more interesting.

- Bjorn -

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 20, 2010 8:05 pm 

Nico is a bit of a poetic writer, which is why most of his post in Googlish makes little sense... :)
It's great to read in Dutch though!

- Bjorn -

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 21, 2010 4:30 am 
Bjorn: Nico has already confirmed that it would be an APS-C with HD video in reply to your comment. here is the link of fotomateforum..

http://translate.google.com/translate?j ... l=nl&tl=en

If I get any more news I am gonna post here. Cheers!!!! :lol: :D :P

Post subject: Official A7xx is here
PostPosted: Sun Feb 21, 2010 12:26 pm 
http://news.sel.sony.com/en/press_room/ ... 56463.html

α DSLR Camera

In addition to the current DSLR-A230, A330, A380, A500, A550, A850 and A900 digital SLR cameras, the following concept camera bodies and interchangeable lenses will be exhibited. Current interchange lenses, including Carl Zeiss® and G lens products will also be on display.

Concept model of an ultra-compact interchangeable lens digital camera system that packs the quality of a DSLR camera in an extraordinarily small body, along with interchangeable lenses

Mid-range concept camera for advanced users (a successor to the α700) as well as concept mainstream models

Prototype of a Super Telephoto Lens (500mm F4 G) with class-leading optical performance

Prototype of a Distagon T 24mm F2 ZA SSM, new Carl Zeiss wide angle lens for superior shots of landscapes and sweeping vistas

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 21, 2010 12:39 pm 
Check the below link for some videos on PMA. The presenter is kinda odd, but they seem to be doing a booth by booth presentation. If you find any other links for better video coverage, please post!

http://www.infosyncworld.com/pma-2010-live/

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 34 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next