Free Shipping on ALL Products
camera reviewsbest cameraslens reviewsphotography tipscamera forumvideo toursphotography bookssupport me
It is currently Wed Sep 03, 2014 8:57 am

All times are UTC

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 21 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 18, 2010 4:10 am 
vpell wrote:
I have two a850s that I love. I want new lenses, I couldn't care less about bodies right now.

that's fine, but what does that have to do with the topic of this thread, that is about new mirrorless cameras and a new mount?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 18, 2010 11:21 am 

Vic's just saying that he is not interested in mirrorless bodies and would rather see Sony expanding their lens line-up, a point that I must agree on.
However, the bodies are 'coming' (intentional brackets) and in some ways, they could be very useful additions to one's camera system.

- Bjorn -

Leica M9-P (my article on Camera Labs) | Leica D-Lux 5 | 50mm Summilux

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 18, 2010 9:21 pm 
Bjorn van Sinttruije wrote:
Vic's just saying that he is not interested in mirrorless bodies and would rather see Sony expanding their lens line-up,
- Bjorn -

With the new mount, some of the effort would be diverted to developing new lemses for the new mount.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 19, 2010 11:23 pm 
So, the rumours are running wild now. Sounds like Sony might go in guns blazing, knowing fully well that 2010 is make or break.

Would be nice to see what they come up with, but I hope they have settled on a strategy to move forward on, and make that strategy known at PMA.

More than any body or lens, I think Sony's intention for the Alpha mount is probably the most important issue they can address, and I don't mean marketing hype and spin, I mean honest to god truth about where they are at and where they want to be and how they plan on getting there and by when. That is a strong statement of intent, that would hold them accountably to the community, but it would be unheard of and will probably never happen.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 20, 2010 2:56 am 
Just learned from sonyalpharumor site that the successor of A700 would be announced on this Sunday (the first day of PMA 2010) and it would be equipped with video capabilities which would blow away any presently existing video on Canikon bodies. If it is true they gonna post the exact model number (A7XX) and specification in next 24 hours. I am really feeling excited about it. I have been closely watching their rumors for last couple of months and found that they never went wrong for rumors marked as SR4/SR5. Anyway I believe if it is true then definitely there gonna be AF in video mode. Now the question is....will it be a pellicle mirror or normal mirror? I would be happier if Sony improves its JPEG engine in the A7XX as well as improvement in certain other areas. It must be a weather and dust proof, inbuilt GPS (for fancy users), WIFI transmitter (For me :) ), off course at least 7-8 FPs with AF working, not more than 15 megapixel, a whole improvement in noise reduction (otherwise Sony has to face bad reviews), mirror lock up etc etc. I do not want to see several same models with different megapixel or changing certain features like A230/330/380 or A500/500. What I want a solid model which would do a very good business.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 21, 2010 9:24 pm 
Site Admin

Hi everyone, Bjorn's posted our official news story now, so I'll lock this thread and ask we continue here. Thanks!

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 21 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2