Free Shipping on ALL Products
camera reviewsbest cameraslens reviewsphotography tipscamera forumvideo toursphotography bookssupport me
It is currently Fri Aug 22, 2014 11:57 am

All times are UTC

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 21 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
PostPosted: Wed Feb 10, 2010 8:31 am 

http://sonyalpharumors.com/sr3-new-sony ... era-specs/

Claim new E-mount camera. It's the "DSLR" like form factor so not interesting to me, yet.

Claimed 11 AF points, which means... not sensor contrast AF? So how are they doing it? There was a patent linked elsewhere showing what appeared to be main sensor phase-like AF, maybe that's arrived.

I don't see screw drive on the adapter drawing. Artistic licence or is this why SAM lenses came into existence? At the least they would need the aperture lever. In body EVF for those who like that kinda thing.

Even if this is true, it wouldn't get really interesting for me until they get the compact form factor body out.

Didn't see any talk of this on dyxum yet.

Tinies: Sony HX9V.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 10, 2010 8:02 pm 

Until I hear from my upcoming-announcement contact, I won't even start believing any of these rumours.

- Bjorn -

Leica M9-P (my article on Camera Labs) | Leica D-Lux 5 | 50mm Summilux

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 10, 2010 8:25 pm 

Have much contact with your contact recently?

The image I saw earlier has now been described as speculation from a Japanese magazine, but the specs were separate source apparently so they remain more open.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 10, 2010 9:40 pm 

I check a restricted part of a forum where any news would be posted every day.

- Bjorn -

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 11, 2010 7:27 pm 

For those like me who hadn't seen a sketch of Sony's mirrorless cam:

And what do y'all think about the A707 and A900SH?

- Bjorn -

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 12, 2010 1:46 pm 
I like the sketches, very skillfully done, and pretty unusual use of shades of grey and orange.

That's all I can say about them, hope we get an announcement soon (which leaves space for improvements to the line later this year) and that the feature list and prices match what the community is looking for.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 14, 2010 1:31 pm 

popo wrote:

Just heard from him via the forum I referred to earlier. It's probably safe to say we can expect EVIL APS-C cameras (yes, plural) at PMA.

- Bjorn -

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 14, 2010 1:39 pm 
Don't particularly care for it, but I can see how such a camera would be ideal for a lot of people. Hope Sony doesn't shoot itself in the foot by pricing it too high (like selling it for 1000.00 when the competition sells on average for 700.00). I think anything sub 600.00 would probably make more sense. As it is right now, I think the Olympus and Panasonic models are overpriced.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 14, 2010 1:51 pm 

PMA is just a week away so not long to wait to find out :)

Sony have never been the cheap option in anything they do, so I'd expect them to be on the upper end of m43 kit. But that doesn't rule out the possibility they have the capability to bring out budget models at the same time.

With the various technological speculation, I think they have a good chance if they bring something new to the table than just more of the same.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 14, 2010 2:00 pm 
Well, I have high hopes for this as well. My reasoning is that Sony needs a commercially successful camera somewhere in its line up, and without one soon, I'm afraid the Alpha brand won't have much longer in this new age of frugality.

That being said, I really thought the A550 could have been that camera (yes, this point again), but it is just priced high enough to make it a hard sell.

Just the other day, three friends (separate instances) wanted to upgrade to a DSLR and I did recommend the A550 because I know that these are the features they would use most (live view and high fps for sports), but they all decided to go with the D90 simple because they perceived that they were getting more for less money, i.e. they could do everything the Sony can do (maybe not as good) plus video for the same price. In any case, I told them to wait until after PMA to buy since this will most likely result in new models and price drops on older models.

Its just the reality for 2010 where every dollar counts.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 17, 2010 12:01 pm 
Bjorn van Sinttruije wrote:
popo wrote:

Just heard from him via the forum I referred to earlier. It's probably safe to say we can expect EVIL APS-C cameras (yes, plural) at PMA.

- Bjorn -

well, the rumor site turns out to be a lot quicker. They posted this rumor about PMA long ago, along with the camera name (NEX), new mount (E-mount), new lenses etc.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 17, 2010 12:11 pm 

And the rumour site got a lot of their information from the same guy, who's also active on Dyxum.

- Bjorn -

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 17, 2010 12:53 pm 
Sonyalpharumors.com seems to just be a collection of various online rumours. Substantiated or not. Not that I don't appreciate the effort they put into gathering such information from the vastness of the web, but they do live up to the "rumour" aspect of their name. Bjorn on the other hand has a source that seems to be in the know at Sony, and when he gives details on something, its usually a sure thing. In fact, I believe the operator for Alpharumours relies on posts by Bjorn as credible information.

What is surprising is that Sony seems to have plugged the leaks, and we should have normally gotten more specs already on an upcoming camera (less than 1 week away). Makes you wonder if Sony has some new people on board.

*** Sent from my blackberry, so my grammar and spelling is less than stellar ***

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 17, 2010 9:27 pm 
primitive wrote:
Sonyalpharumors.com seems to just be a collection of various online rumours. Substantiated or not. Not that I don't appreciate the effort they put into gathering such information from the vastness of the web, but they do live up to the "rumour" aspect of their name. Bjorn on the other hand has a source that seems to be in the know at Sony, and when he gives details on something, its usually a sure thing. In fact, I believe the operator for Alpharumours relies on posts by Bjorn as credible information.

Yes, but they do rate their rumor from 1 to 5 as to how credible they believe their source is. If the rumor comes true, they boost the ranking for that source for future. They predicted A450 months before anyone else had any clue. They also dig up links to lot of interesting reviews, news etc. It's an interesting site and updated almost daily.

As for mirrorless cameras, they had more than just dyxym member (who is Bjorn source too). They were posting another Chinese source also.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 18, 2010 3:53 am 
I have two a850s that I love. I want new lenses, I couldn't care less about bodies right now.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 21 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next