Free Shipping on ALL Products
camera reviewsbest cameraslens reviewsphotography tipscamera forumvideo toursphotography bookssupport me
It is currently Mon Sep 22, 2014 6:16 am

All times are UTC

Post subject: LCD: Sony a200 v.s a500
PostPosted: Mon Jan 18, 2010 5:51 am 
Hi all,

May I know if anyone of you here owned a500 and a200?

Is there any differences with the LCD beside tilt-able screen? I see the spec seems like both are the same pixel dots. Recently I've an outdoor shooting with 2 friends of my under strong sun light. I find that it's extremely hard to see the screen under such condition. For my friends Canon 450D and Olympus E-520, both also 230,000 pixels. But their screen seems brighter than my Sony a200.

I'm currently thinking to upgrade to either Sony a450, a500, a550 or maybe wait a little bit longer for a700 replacement. Any suggestion? I don't need the 7 fps actually, but the new auto HDR and cleaner image (high ISO) seems good enough for me. Fast AF and video would be added advantages. ;)

Thanks!

PostPosted: Mon Jan 18, 2010 6:56 pm 
A500's LCD is brightter with better coating than A200

PostPosted: Tue Jan 19, 2010 12:07 am 
OneGuy wrote:
A500's LCD is brightter with better coating than A200

Hi OneGuy, thanks for your kind respond! In this case, I'd presume Sony a450 to have different coating as well compare to my Sony a200.

Now it's either I get Sony a450 (little $) or Sony a550 (slightly more $) or get both Sony a450 + Sony a700 replacement (lot's of $) :D

Thanks for the info! Really appreciate...