Free Shipping on ALL Products
camera reviewsbest cameraslens reviewsphotography tipscamera forumvideo toursphotography bookssupport me
It is currently Fri Aug 29, 2014 4:08 am

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Thu Jan 14, 2010 7:52 am 
The Sony Alpha Rumors Says
Quote:
The Sony A950(?)

Three of our sources told us about the HighEnd model. All confirmed that it will have more than 30 megapixels and no video recording. It will also NOT be a mirrorless camera.

We also found this news from Fotoactualidad:

Bob Krist posted a secret photo of the camera. Initially people thought it is a Nikon camera but if you look closely you will notice the Zeiss lens (the 16-35mm Lens)! More about that at fotoactualidad
http://translate.google.com/translate?js=y&prev=_t&hl=nl&ie=UTF-8&layout=1&eotf=1&u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.fotoactualidad.com%2F2010%2F01%2Fsony-y-no-nikon-giro-de-360.html&sl=auto&tl=en

I went through other Forum ( From Dpreview Forum Obviously!) regarding more info about A950 which are speculate it has 32 Mp & Still no HD video recording. And the 16 35 mm seems to be interesting rumor too. :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 14, 2010 8:25 am 

I saw that... everywhere too. A Sony + Zeiss or Nikon and coincidental light reflection on the lens? Lots of speculation, little fact.

Tinies: Sony HX9V.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 14, 2010 4:15 pm 

I have a good source for this kind of information, who predicted every major announcement since the A900. That source doesn't say anything about an A950 yet, not about it being released soon anway. So we'll have to wait a little longer.

It'd be weird to have Bob Krist, a passionate Nikonian, beta-test a new Alpha... :? He's a good photographer though.

- Bjorn -

Leica M9-P (my article on Camera Labs) | Leica D-Lux 5 | 50mm Summilux

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 16, 2010 1:25 am 
My take on Sony rumors is that they are rarely accurate unless the actual camera is a month away from being formally announced. Generally though, when the Alpha community has rumblings about a new camera, it means something is on the horizon (of course, they typically guess the wrong thing entirely).

As far as this specific rumor goes, I don't think it is likely, but then again, not even Sony knows what Sony might do next :shock:

@Bjorn: Come on dude, we all know you're the source. We know you work for Sony, so come clean and tell us what you know!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 16, 2010 1:39 am 
this year is the time Sony update their high end, which will include replacement of A700 and A900

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 16, 2010 2:07 am 
Enche Zein wrote:
this year is the time Sony update their high end, which will include replacement of A700 and A900

I for one,am looking forward to that. :) so curious about Sony's new products....& also about my prediction,that Sony is gonna challenge Canon more & more,in the next 2 years.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 16, 2010 3:50 am 
yes, i think that Sony targets Canon, especially studio and landscape photography.