Free Shipping on ALL Products
camera reviewsbest cameraslens reviewsphotography tipscamera forumvideo toursphotography bookssupport me
It is currently Fri Dec 19, 2014 3:48 pm

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Mon Dec 14, 2009 1:43 pm 
as you can see i have a Sony A700 + 18-250 lens but there's a problem always bothering me with this camera, i like this cam very much in the action photography like the wedding starts and i need to get every one around the church performing their entourage but''' i hate em' in terms of still life photography or in using em in high Shutter release. taking a picture with their rings and etc.

here are my question

1. can an additional camera with a AF live view will do the trick?

2. having a backup in a special occasion is a must?

3. can a two camera make you improve more? or a waste of money?

4. if you recommend a backup camera what would it be? AF live view is a must for me.

thanks! :D

PostPosted: Wed Dec 16, 2009 4:51 pm 
For live view, you have two options: micro 4/3s from Panasonic/Olympus or Sony A5xx. Regardless of other flaws, A5xx models work perfectly with lv (along with face/smile detection) .. See

http://friedmanarchives.com/newsletters ... /index.htm

PostPosted: Fri Dec 18, 2009 12:01 pm 
lomer18 wrote:
1. can an additional camera with a AF live view will do the trick?

I'm trying to understand what you're intending to do. Are you talking about shooting the camera while holding it above your head? If you are, getting a camera with a tilting LCD screen can be very useful. You don't necessarily need a DSLR for this, an advanced compact like the Canon G11 will do the job nicely and complement your DSLR very well.

Quote:
2. having a backup in a special occasion is a must?

My answer to this is "maybe". I'm personally very happy with covering an event with just one camera. Yes, your camera might break down and that's what the backup is for. Other photographers attach a telephoto zoom to one body and a wide angle to the other, but I've found this approach slighly cumbersome.

Quote:
3. can a two camera make you improve more? or a waste of money?

You don't need two cameras to improve. You need to take more photos and work at your photography. If anything, having too much gear can be a disadvantage as you're more focused on gear than you are on photography.

Quote:
4. if you recommend a backup camera what would it be? AF live view is a must for me.

Get a Canon G11. That'll be small enough to fit into your camera bag and you can whip it out in situations when the DSLR is not suitable.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 20, 2009 7:24 am 
thanks for the helpful advice! :D pgtips and zemel :D