Free Shipping on ALL Products
camera reviewsbest cameraslens reviewsphotography tipscamera forumvideo toursphotography bookssupport me
It is currently Sun Sep 21, 2014 6:33 am

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Fri Oct 09, 2009 7:10 pm 
I just got a used a100(~2000 shutter clicks). Sometimes the picture will take as framed. But i have noticed a few times that when i take a picture it is framed lower than what was in the viewfinder....

Is it possible the sensor shift is getting stuck at full deflection?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 09, 2009 7:37 pm 

This is the first thing that came in to my mind. When you look though from the optical viewfinder you'll see about 95% of the picture you'll get to the sensor. So could this be the answer?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 10, 2009 12:45 pm 
Just found out the camera is giving an error code on the immage stabalization. So it indeed wants to be fixed :evil:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 10, 2009 7:33 pm 
Sony wants $250 to fix it!!! dangit

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 10, 2009 8:05 pm 
They are known for that. I heard Sony customer service support is horrible. I have a shuttered LCD and they asked me 230 $ to fix it, although the price for LCD is 50 $ on ebay. Better go and buy a new one and keep this for parts.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 10, 2009 9:20 pm 
I had the same problem with my A300. Somewhere in the settings menu is a setting to view picts in 16:9 . That setting needs to be changed to the full screen setting. (Not sure what thats called). When it was set to 16:9 every pic i took was cut off at the top.

I hope this helps.

Ed

PostPosted: Sun Nov 08, 2009 11:27 am 
Elfmaze wrote:
I just got a used a100(~2000 shutter clicks). Sometimes the picture will take as framed. But i have noticed a few times that when i take a picture it is framed lower than what was in the viewfinder....

Is it possible the sensor shift is getting stuck at full deflection?

Had it happen with mine, there is a issue in the Sony cameras that the mirror moves after a while.
I asked around and a guy I know who works in a camera store moved it back by hand, its fine now but I'm waiting for it to happen again.
The newer cameras have been fixed.

There were a few little issues with the sonys, one also being the screen cracks very easily but its covered for 2 years.