Free Shipping on ALL Products
camera reviewsbest cameraslens reviewsphotography tipscamera forumvideo toursphotography bookssupport me
It is currently Thu Apr 17, 2014 7:27 am

All times are UTC

A700+Sigma 24-70 or A850
A700+Sigma 24-70, makes more sense you donkey 73%  73%  [ 8 ]
A850 for my money, even though I won't make rent this month :D 27%  27%  [ 3 ]
Total votes : 11
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 17, 2009 11:36 pm 

Frankly, I'd be very surprised if anyone asked if my camera was any good...the shear size of my A300 compared to most PS cameras alone is enough to convince most people that I am serious :D .

However, in a case where a potential client is being a hard sell, you may consider bringing up the fact that you have one of the best systems around, etc. But, in those cases, it would be the photographer who has to explicitly make that assertion, and he would also need to back that up. I'm in no position...even with the A850, to make that assertion, and probably wouldn't even if I could. Sometimes its best to let a client walk away, simple because if their not pleased with what you have to offer during the interview process, then they are probably going to be doubtful of you throughout the entire event which will be like a self fulfilling prophesy of bad photographs, which will inevitable turn to bad reviews which will spread like swine flu!

Can anyone recommend someplace that would have both the Sigma 24-70 & Alpha 700 for sale in the Houston area? I need 1 place, cus as I said, my friend is not too photo savvy and driving around Houston, on his tight schedule is a very inconsiderate thing to ask of a friend.

If I can't find a one stop shop for the A700 & 24-70, then A850 it will be! I love it when decisions get made for me :D .

http://www.laroygreen.com (under construction)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 27, 2009 7:28 pm 

I'm still laughing at that great quote about the avg. customer being happy with any camera that looked "large." That's the truth. :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 28, 2009 10:49 am 

Thinking I'll probably stick with either Zeiss or Sony lenses. Been reading some pretty dreadful QC issues with both Sigma and Tamron, even in their higher end offerings. Normally, Sigma or Tamron are pretty good at replacing malfunctioning lenses, but being where I am, its not very practical.

So, for all intents and purposes, I might just swing for the A850. I have 1 more week to decide, but seeing that if I get the Zeiss 24-70 and a A700, I'll be way over budget, I might really not have an option.

@lensbaby:
Mine IS way bigger than yours...hence, better. Works everytime.

http://www.laroygreen.com (under construction)