Free Shipping on ALL Products
camera reviewsbest cameraslens reviewsphotography tipscamera forumvideo toursphotography bookssupport me
It is currently Wed Aug 27, 2014 1:18 pm

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2009 4:49 am 
:D finally got it Today!!!!!!!!!! after months of excruciating savings!!
This lens really lives up to the G standard or even higher.
metal construction is very assuring . one thing this lens is pretty heavy although i'm already used to the CZ 2470 weight.
:wink: sorry guys no unboxing this time.....as my schedule is fully packed for the next two weeks! :P

both the CZ and the G are both well made! absolutely stunning!
The G lens still has that kind of minolta flare within it..... 8)

examplary pics will be posted up in the lens review section .

Finally i'm officially in the Carl Zeiss and G Club!!! :lol: :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2009 8:20 am 

Congrats Joey! It really is a great lens, and you'll love it way more than the Zeiss 24-70mm. Well, I think so. I love way more than the 24-70mm, that's for sure.

Enjoy it! :D

What's up next? I read you wanted the Zeiss 85mm f/1.4 (has always been a dream lens for me too).

- Bjorn -

Leica M9-P (my article on Camera Labs) | Leica D-Lux 5 | 50mm Summilux

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2009 9:01 am 
that lens!!! Congratulations! That coul be a dream for me now!

G lens question to you two...

Can i shoot sports with that??? :?:

Have you tried it?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2009 9:02 am 
im jealous!!

Congrats Joey!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2009 10:56 am 
Bjorn van Sinttruije wrote:
Congrats Joey! It really is a great lens, and you'll love it way more than the Zeiss 24-70mm. Well, I think so. I love way more than the 24-70mm, that's for sure.

Enjoy it! Very Happy

What's up next? I read you wanted the Zeiss 85mm f/1.4 (has always been a dream lens for me too).

Thanks Bjorn .....yarr~~ i have been saving all along :wink: :wink:

oh boy definitely enjoying it!! :D i think my level of photography is one up!
hehe...36-300mm F/2.8 8)

what's next?? hrmmm.......i'm still contemplating whether it is the A900 or the 85mm F/1.4.... :?

Heads up.....i've have some info about sony's 28-75mm F/2.8
:arrow: it is the downgrade version of the CZ or they say a rebadged minolta version
:arrow: this lens is basically for the cheaper downgrade of the A900( not convinced) A850...saw it in the computer database
:arrow: the next G lens is an F/4 ....the range is still undisclosed could be a 500m..
:arrow: Carl Zeiss will probably announce a revise of the planar 85mm F/1.4 with corrected ED and ssm!!
:arrow: the above or a new lens 85mm F/1.2 which is similar to canon. :!: :!:

This was the hint i have been given.........

@lomer18.....yup i could do sports although i find that the lens hunts quite often.....am still not used to it yet !!

@sonnyboy.....haha save the money ..it's worth it!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2009 12:47 pm 
Congrats joey!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2009 12:48 pm 
Joey wrote:
!!

That would be awsome!!!! That lens from canon is awsome!
Thx for the info!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2009 1:12 pm 

Joey wrote:
what's next?? hrmmm.......i'm still contemplating whether it is the A900 or the 85mm F/1.4.... :?

I'm definitely going for the A900, though I'd love that Zeiss 85mm f/1.4 as well. However, the hint of an SSM driven 85mm from Zeiss makes me want to wait. The Zeiss is very loud when focussing and you can feel the whole camera vibrate. SSM would be much better!!!! :D

The 28-75mm f/2.8 would be a very interesting lens to all those who cannot afford the Zeiss 24-70mm, or those who just don't want to. There's a thread discussing the A850 already here in the Sony section, with info from a high Sony employee.

I do believe I've already mentioned the 500mm f/4 G SSM, another Sony-employee confirmed upcoming announcement. That should be around at (roughly) the same time as the A5x0 and A850. So I think it's safe to say the next announcement is gonna bring a whole lot more interesting stuff than the last one in May...

I wouldn't necessarily want an f/1.2 85mm, because it will make it very expensive and it might not be supersharp wide-open. So an updated 85mm f/1.4 from Zeiss would be more than good enough for me. Exciting!!! :shock:

Lomer, yeah, sports photography is possible, but the lens does tend to hunt. I must admit I use individual focus points (the middle one for sports), instead of all sensors at the same time, but still, it can get a little annoying.

- Bjorn -

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2009 4:30 pm 
Bjorn van Sinttruije wrote:
Joey wrote:

I'm definitely going for the A900, though I'd love that Zeiss 85mm f/1.4 as well. However, the hint of an SSM driven 85mm from Zeiss makes me want to wait. The Zeiss is very loud when focussing and you can feel the whole camera vibrate. SSM would be much better!!!! :D

The 28-75mm f/2.8 would be a very interesting lens to all those who cannot afford the Zeiss 24-70mm, or those who just don't want to. There's a thread discussing the A850 already here in the Sony section, with info from a high Sony employee.

I do believe I've already mentioned the 500mm f/4 G SSM, another Sony-employee confirmed upcoming announcement. That should be around at (roughly) the same time as the A5x0 and A850. So I think it's safe to say the next announcement is gonna bring a whole lot more interesting stuff than the last one in May...

I wouldn't necessarily want an f/1.2 85mm, because it will make it very expensive and it might not be supersharp wide-open. So an updated 85mm f/1.4 from Zeiss would be more than good enough for me. Exciting!!! :shock:

Lomer, yeah, sports photography is possible, but the lens does tend to hunt. I must admit I use individual focus points (the middle one for sports), instead of all sensors at the same time, but still, it can get a little annoying.

- Bjorn -

mmmmm, can't hunt as bad as my Tamron 70-200mm. I found out by turning eye-start AF OFF it helps a great deal since it doesn't have a focus limiter which can be very annoying!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2009 5:05 pm 
Great, now dazzle us with pictures so we can be blown away.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2009 4:47 am 
yup...the pics are in the sony 70-200mm gallery

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2009 1:29 pm 
looks great!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 10, 2009 1:20 pm 

Joey wrote:
:arrow: Carl Zeiss will probably announce a revise of the planar 85mm F/1.4 with corrected ED and ssm!!

This was the hint i have been given.........

Just to come back to that 85mm f/1.4 (or f/1.2) SSM. Does anybody know more about that? Are there more rumours around the internet. As you may or may not have noticed in my signature, I'm no longer saving up for the A900 (though I'm still not 100% decided), but for the Zeiss 85mm f/1.4 instead. However, an SSM update might make me delay the purchase.
We could find out on the 27th, which is the rumoured date of the next launch.

- Bjorn -

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 10, 2009 2:06 pm 
I'm not sure that an 85mm prime will be that beneficial, especially when you have the 70-200mm f2.8.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 10, 2009 4:20 pm 
Hi Bjorn,

Did I hear/read you right? A 500mm F/4? wow..that sounds like something you're gonna have to break to piggybank for..lol.

But a very attractive spec for a lens.

Gotta say that Sony looks better and better with each passing month.

Cheers :)