Free Shipping on ALL Products
camera reviewsbest cameraslens reviewsphotography tipscamera forumvideo toursphotography bookssupport me
It is currently Sun Oct 26, 2014 4:41 am

All times are UTC

Post subject: My A200 pictures.
PostPosted: Thu Jul 23, 2009 5:45 pm 
Hi Everyone.

I have been browsing this forum now for months and finally thought of registering. Mainly for people to comment my pictures.

Please have a look at my flickr and tell me what you think. I mainly seem to shoot gigs and have a few more pictures to put on their.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/37014340@N05/

I was at a gig the other night. And I really got annoyed with my A200, It's been a great camera to me but especialy for gigs I am looking to upgrade, the a700 looks great for its price but seeing the rumors for the A850 (and if the iso performance is good) a little saving is possible. :D But any further input is welcome. :D

Thanks for having a look. And sorry if I posted in the wrong place.

Mal :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 23, 2009 8:04 pm 

Hi.

Couple of your gig shots were great. But what was your frustration about? I didn't guite understand it.

Is it too slow or what? For slowness, bigger aperture lens would help you a lot more than A700. And of corse higher ISO plays a huge part in this, but I'd still go first to a new lens and second new body.

I liked photoes : DSC05918 and DSC06625

I liked the first one because the singer stand out from the baground better than in the second shot of him. I like the red color in his hair cose of the light coming through the tips of his hair.

I liked second photo beacause it has captured an intense moment, passion and power just trasmits to the viewer. For my opinion direct flash works well in this pic, it gives nice "reality" like light to the photo, also giving dark shadow to the bassplayer wich adds intensiveness. Like shows the "caracter" in the background when he is plaing bass. Although the background could have been better than just some livingroom or a garage.

Photo DSC06606 is guite typical shot from someone who's plaing drums. The angel of his head is not the best, you don't see his face. It makes him look small and unsure of him self. Also the angel of the photo doesn't do justice to the person. To make the person view better in the photo you should use a angle where you shoot the person from down to upwards than downwards, like you have done in the bassplayer photo. Direct light has also made this photo bit dull.

But don't get upset because I gave you critique. These are very much of an opinion things much more than a number that you can measure. So someone alse maybe has totally different perspective.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 24, 2009 8:33 am 
Thanks Heikki for your opinions.

I agree with you about the picture of the drummer. It was the best picture of a bad bunch and I only had the built in flash but hey, you work with what you have. :D

Oh and yeah, the sony 50mm f1.4 is first on my list which I nearly have enough for.

thanks for the feedback. all is aprreciated.

Mal

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 24, 2009 4:21 pm 
You could use a flash in your setup, but I think the a200 is perfectly capable.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 24, 2009 6:28 pm 
Thanks Sublimity. I recently purchased a flash which I am very much enjoying.
Yeah the a200 is very capable, just needed a bit more out of it the other day. But it is still a brilliant camera.