Free Shipping on ALL Products
camera reviewsbest cameraslens reviewsphotography tipscamera forumvideo toursphotography bookssupport me
It is currently Tue Oct 21, 2014 10:09 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 89 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 02, 2009 7:02 pm 
cartong wrote:
I'll think the canikon vs. sony war is on :D

Awesome!
Nah, Sony is carving their own niche in the Camera industry, and it's awesome. :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 02, 2009 9:46 pm 
This is BRILLIANT, hopefully this will help Canon to get there head out of the clouds, and produce a sensibly priced FX camera :D Thanks you Sony!!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 02, 2009 11:13 pm 
Not sure about Canon, but if Nikon plans are really that listed in the Nikon 09/10 roadmap on NikonRumors , they won't be getting any new low MP FF. Well, that is, unless you consider a potential price drop of the D700 to be new.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 03, 2009 12:29 am 
if it is around $1900 than it will beat Canon 5D mark i ($2000) very easily.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 03, 2009 12:59 pm 
I better buy the A700 quick before they release the A850. Why? Cus if they release the A850 I KNOW I am gonna buy that instead, at twice the price! Its a budget thing :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 03, 2009 2:45 pm 
Sublimity wrote:
Not sure about Canon, but if Nikon plans are really that listed in the Nikon 09/10 roadmap on NikonRumors , they won't be getting any new low MP FF. Well, that is, unless you consider a potential price drop of the D700 to be new.

The roadmap was an obvious fake, so there is no telling how Nikon and Canon are going to respond.

I think it will draw a lot of people to Sony, FF is "hot".

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 03, 2009 2:50 pm 
I nailed it, sub $2k! :D

We finally made it to DPR: http://forums.dpreview.com/forums/readf ... d=32576076

LOLL! Took them long enough!

I posted something regarding the A850 being 24.6MP, 98% VF, and lesser build last week inside a thread before the manual and only a couple people saw it. :roll:

All in all, it's still not really that exciting. I can't believe it still doesn't have a built-in flash. IF it really turns out to be that cheap, it would add a bit of excitement, but there's nothing new in this camera (spec wise), hopefully it makes up in performance.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 03, 2009 3:09 pm 

Wow, I'm labelled as 'legit' on DPReview. What an honour *cough*...

For those wondering: the A900 was indeed introduced at a price much higher than €2000,-, but what I've been told, is that the A850 will be 2/3 of the current A900's price, NOT the MSPR.

Ryan, what would you rather have, a pop-up flash, or a large pentaprism viewfinder? Easy one for me. Plus you can always get the HVL-F20AM...

- Bjorn -

Leica M9-P (my article on Camera Labs) | Leica D-Lux 5 | 50mm Summilux

Last edited by Bjorn van Sinttruije on Fri Aug 07, 2009 12:12 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 03, 2009 3:28 pm 
Bjorn van Sinttruije wrote:
Wow, I'm labelled as 'legit' on DPReview. What an honour *cough*...

For those wondering: the A900 was indeed introduced at a price much higher than €2000,-, but what I've been told, is that the A850 will be 2/3 of the current A900's price, NOT the MSPR.

Ryan, what would you rather have, a pop-up flash, or a large pentaprism viewfinder? Easy one for me. Plus you can always get the HVL-F20AM...

- Bjorn -

Well it's just handy to shoot wirelessly with what I have. My VF is also very tiny and made even smaller by LV, but yes, I would like a big, bright one :D

Last edited by dr4gon on Fri Aug 07, 2009 12:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 03, 2009 4:33 pm 

dr4gon wrote:
Well it's just handy to shoot wirelessly with what I have. My VF is also very tiny and made even smaller by LV, but yes, I would like a big, bright one :D

For wireless flash, it can indeed be very useful to have a pop-up flash, but I'm just saying I'd rather have a very big viewfinder and spend a little extra on a cheap flashgun. It costs $130,- extra... :|

Contrary to my hopes, the price of the A900 has risen in Holland. It was €1997,-, now it's €2057,-. Well, better start saving then!

- Bjorn -

Leica M9-P (my article on Camera Labs) | Leica D-Lux 5 | 50mm Summilux

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 03, 2009 5:13 pm 
I've no idea what their market plan is. At those prices, the A850 is going to cannibalize the sales of the A900. Perhaps they're going to bump up the price of the A900 to try and distance it from the A850 and provide some form of market segmentation?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 03, 2009 5:19 pm 
pgtips wrote:
I've no idea what their market plan is. At those prices, the A850 is going to cannibalize the sales of the A900. Perhaps they're going to bump up the price of the A900 to try and distance it from the A850 and provide some form of market segmentation?

Assuming it sells at all.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 03, 2009 5:23 pm 
I don't mind though. This is just so fantastically awesome for the consumer. If Sony does pull this off, I'll bet that in 2 - 3 years time that all semi-pro cameras will be FF. Awesome!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 04, 2009 6:54 am 
Sublimity wrote:
Assuming it sells at all.

Yes. One of the things I see almost everywhere where people discuss rumors about the next Nikon/Canon/Sony/etc, is that people will always make up a wish list "cheap" full frame body. Full frame is hot and people want it. Pro is too expensive, so people look at compromises just so they can get a full frame sensor in a cheaper body. The A850 fits that perfectly, but it will have to be considerably cheaper than €2057,- considering that the A900 is going for exactly the same price at some shops around here.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 89 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6