Free Shipping on ALL Products
camera reviewsbest cameraslens reviewsphotography tipscamera forumvideo toursphotography bookssupport me
It is currently Fri Oct 31, 2014 7:21 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: My Sony HX-1
PostPosted: Mon Jul 13, 2009 2:43 pm 
I am just getting used to this new camera and will have multiple questions that I hope will be answered here.

I just bought a new 16 Gb Pro Duo memory stick for it and when I put it in the camera, I got an error message that the stick could not record or play. I don't recall the exact text, but I am now wondering if there is some initializing or formatting that I must do in order to use the new stick. I had previously used the 2 Gb stick out of my Sony Handicam video camera.

I would like to make contact with a number of users of this model to form a support group. I tend to use the instruction manual only to resolve specific problems that arise, but I think that I will have to fully read it and still will not have answers to all of my questions. I am available via iChat/AIM with the screen name: Bob2ndWave.

Regards,
BobHoey

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 13, 2009 10:41 pm 
Site Admin

Hi Bob, you will need to format the card in the camera before using it.

If it still doesn't work though, you should contact Sony.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 14, 2009 1:34 am 
I am using 16G Sony MS pro-HG Duo with no problem.
I had that card in my A900 first (which was the only reason I went for the larger more expensive HG) so I don't remember I need to re-format the card when I put it in the HX-1 or not, but off the shelf you will need to format it.
16G was a bit of over kill for the HX-1, most people would have suggested 2x 8G so you can upload one while using the other as well as not having all your eggs in one basket.
I am afraid my main interest are DSLR topics so I will only check for postings here.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 01, 2009 9:49 pm 
hey bob, your prayers have been answered (see signature)