Free Shipping on ALL Products
camera reviewsbest cameraslens reviewsphotography tipscamera forumvideo toursphotography bookssupport me
It is currently Sat Aug 30, 2014 2:40 am

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2007 9:33 pm 
Hello to all...

Right now I am valuing if to acquire CZ DT 16-80mm or Sony AF 24-105mm f/3.5-4.5 like zoom standard all-terrain, but I have not liked what I have seen about CZ in distortion, chromatic aberrations and vignetting and that I find excessive a lens to that price being a DT.
Sony 24-105 are a FF for what should not suffer of the problems of CZ (or at least to diminish them a little), but it is said that it is a very basic lens and their quality would rot it turns shrunk in a sensor of more than 10MPx.

That opinion has of both lenses which would consider a better option??

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2007 10:07 pm 
Site Admin

Hi Alex, how much do you want wide angle?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2007 2:55 am 
Yes, thank you Gordon for the great review of the DT 16-80MM. And thank you also for keeping the review format similar to your review of the DSC-R1, despite the latter dating back to late '05!
It will be interesting to see how good the Olympus 12-60mm will be in comparison.
I just bought June issue of the 'Digital Camera SLR Guide' in which they absolutely panned the DT 16-80mm lens; not even having the stomach to refer to it as a CZ.
Perhaps the Tamron AF SP 17-50mm f/2.8 XR Di-ll LD ASP IF would be a better and cheaper alternative? It goes as wide as 25.5mm on the Sony/Minolta mount.
Although, Digital Camera seem to prefer the Sima 18-50mm; exactly the opposite of what Photozone recommends - who is right Gordon?
And what about the Sigma 12-24mm as a distortion free, wide-angle alternative?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2007 3:57 am 
Hello Mr Laing...

I like the wide angle and the super wide angle a lot for what I have been thinking of acquiring Sony DT 11-18mm.

I am attracted by the advantage of CZ a lot in arriving at 16mm, in comparison of the 24mm of Sony, but if for these 16mm I also obtain chromatic aberrations, accented distorcion and vignetting, I would prefer an it distances but it releases (24mm) but that it avoids me these alterations.

I have read that Minolta 24-105 were sold as a Kit in an analogical Maxxum and in spite of being a Kit it was very good, but I have also read that it is a simple lens and with certain problems at 24mm and on the 100mm.

I really look for quality but that wide angle among these two lenses and I cannot refuse that a CZ provokes me a lot but, but I have not liked what I have seen a lot of envelope this lens.

That opinion or suggestion would rot you to give me Mr. Laing...

And thank you for their time...

Excuse my English...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2007 4:56 am 
Site Admin

Hi Alex, all I can tell you is the same as I published in my review of the 16-80mm. I think it will be the best quality general purpose zoom for the Alpha fit for a while.

Gordon

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2007 12:31 pm 
I also believe it and I will wait to look for this lens, although today I will go to the store and I will ask to prove the 24-105.

Thank You Mr. Laing for their time...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2007 8:52 pm 
You might want to also see the following url which has a lot of user reviews of the CZ.

http://www.dyxum.com/reviews/lenses/reviews.asp?IDLens=318

Also last months Amateur Photographer had a big lens comparison test between the CZ and the Canon 17-85IS, Nikon 18-135 and a sigma and tamron equivalent which I cant recall. Basically they concluded the CZ was in a different league to all the others in every way except build quality. In fact its performance rating was better than most primes!

The only downside with the CZ is the build quality and ensuring you get a good one.

Alan

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2007 11:19 pm 
Thank all...

I proved the Sony 24-105mm and is a good lens, weight and build I found good, the ring for zoom is a little hard, but the ring of focus is light.

The differs in cost is of $300 aproximately, but I will can to obtain the 24-105 soon.

I have read about of the Digital Multi-Recover in the lenses dedicated to Digital Camera (reflex) and there indicated that this lenses have best imagen quality that the version original for analogical camera and I suppose that this reissue of the lenses Minolta it should be better.

Well, I will continue with my doubts and confusion...

Excuse my english...