Free Shipping on ALL Products
camera reviewsbest cameraslens reviewsphotography tipscamera forumvideo toursphotography bookssupport me
It is currently Mon Dec 22, 2014 3:54 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: Need some help
PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2012 7:40 pm 
Hi.. I have a Pentax K10D that I am trying to use with some older K Mount manual lenses. The problem I am having is that whenever I try to use one of these manual lenses, I get a flashing F-- on my display, and cannot use the camera... I've been trying to find information, dug through the manual, etc. but cannot find anything. Please help! How do I get these lenses to work!

Thanks in advance for your help.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2012 10:34 pm 
Lens maybe not compatible with the Camera (Older nikon lenses don't work on all new DSLRs for instance). Maybe there is no aperture information coming from the lens, since it is so old?

Check compatibility between them. Not familiar with Pentax. Call Pentax support?

Also maybe you have a setting in your DSLR Menu, where you can override/lock AF and EV?

Post subject: Re: Need some help
PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2012 6:55 pm 

Hello

Depends on the lens but I believe that any pre 'a' lenses will not show the apeture value.

I use loads of mf lenses and get by fine just make sure that you go into your menu and set the allow 'use of apeture ring' (or similar) to yes and you can use the older lenses but will not have the apeture value etc recorded in your exif info.

Turn you 'sr' on prior to switching the camera on on on start up it will ask you to set the focal length and wether or not you then switch the 'sr' off you will still have the focal length recorded in your exif info - be careful when changing the lens to reset this otherwise it will remember the previous focal length :?

Hope this helps :D

My pic's - http://www.flickr.com/photos/10126769@N05/

Post subject: Re: Need some help
PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2012 10:53 pm 
I've had the same issue on the K-R once: Be sure to set "use aperture ring" to allow in the custom menu. You still won't see the F stop of course with a "M" lens and need to use M mode. Also, from a fellow poster on another site:

http://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/pent ... lrs-f.html

Hope this helps