Free Shipping on ALL Products
camera reviewsbest cameraslens reviewsphotography tipscamera forumvideo toursphotography bookssupport me
It is currently Tue Sep 02, 2014 5:57 am

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2011 2:37 pm 
A while ago I posted a comparison review on my blog. Thought some of you might find it of interest:

Quote:
For those of you who don’t want to trawl through a whole load of my wafflings I’ll make this really easy and put my verdict at the top and waffle on about the reasonings afterwards.

Olympus Tough: Rubbish, hated it when it worked and now it doesn’t even work, what ever you do don’t buy one.

Pentax W90: Love it, it does exactly what I need an outdoor point and shoot camera to do i.e. take decent shots come rain or shine, kayaking or climbing and live easily and happily in the top of a rucsac, in a jacket pocket or in the front of my buoyancy aid so its handy for when I need it. I would definitely recommend one.

If that’s all you wanted to know then I’d stop here. If you want to know why I’ve come to this conclusion then read on:

If you want to read on goto - http://ianganderton.wordpress.com/2011/ ... ough-8010/

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 09, 2011 4:57 am 

A refreshing review - not often you get to read reviews as harsh as that and it doesn't look like the Olly was a lemon either - it really looks to be just simply crap.

I've been half-heatedly looking for a waterproof throw around and a friend with the Pentax recommended his.

Thanks for the review

Panasonic G3: 9-18mm, 14mm, 20mm, 45mm

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 09, 2011 4:24 pm 
I've said it how I've found it.

I know a few people who've had problems with the Toughs now too, plenty with the corrupted files.

I'm really pleased with the Pentax and would recommend one whole heartedly