Free Shipping on ALL Products
camera reviewsbest cameraslens reviewsphotography tipscamera forumvideo toursphotography bookssupport me
It is currently Mon Sep 22, 2014 8:40 pm

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Sat Dec 18, 2010 5:25 pm 
http://www.dpreview.com/reviews/pentaxk5/

...seems like they like it. :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 19, 2010 3:29 am 

Should delete the post, no dpreview stuff here

www.flickr.com/glxlr

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 19, 2010 3:46 am 
Quote:
Should delete the post, no dpreview stuff here

A mod is born every minute :P http://www.cameralabs.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=25059

...no Pentax reviews here either so any review from anywhere is appreciated. :wink: (mods, feel free to delete this post - thanks, Neal).

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 19, 2010 4:06 pm 
This review makes the K5 option no. 1 for my new camera. I currently own a K10d. So buying a better lens would be better first. For me it is more important that Pentax provides my needs :)

First I will buy the DA* 300, then the K5, then DA 35 F2.4 and finally a macro.. In the more distant future the 31mm F1.8 Ltd. is desirable. It is one of the best in that reach. It is the best Pentax in that reach. :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 20, 2010 7:31 am 

There have been several occasions where I've either tried to buy a Pentax or been with someone else trying to buy one but failed.

Even a 100% review score would be a moot point because I've never seen a Pentax for sale. Anywhere. Ever. And I've been to huge electronics markets with literally 100s of camera stores.

It's a shame. They make nice cameras but their distribution network is a joke.

Even Gordon can't get one...

Panasonic G3: 9-18mm, 14mm, 20mm, 45mm

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 23, 2010 3:24 pm 
too bad.. Here in Europe there are a lot of shops who sell them. But those are dedicated photography shops. Most big electronic warehouses sell Canon, Nikon and Sony.

Next week I probably have the DA* 300 :D
Within 2 months I also have the K5 :D I will probably sell some lenses to buy one.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 23, 2010 3:55 pm 
after owning the k5 for all of 5 weeks, and having gotten over the "new toy!" excitement, i cannot in good conscience recommend the camera until a few issues are resolved. number one is the sensor stain issue, and yep, mine is affected and will soon be sent to pentax service once i get the return shipping label. second is that after looking at the pictures in lightroom, the focus seems to be off despite my focus test chart saying it's fine. my k20d see seems to do a better job. the over-exposure with using a shoe-mounted flash would also need to be addressed.

so, until pentax gives the all clear on the sensor issue, buyers might want to wait a while.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 26, 2010 5:30 pm 
stain issue is solved.. they replace the cameras with the issue for free and the new ones that come into the shops have no problems.

I heard rumors there will be a new firmware fix in January (just rumours.. so it could also be later). It has to do with focussing in artificial light.
I also heard rumours about the exposure with flashes with DA* lenses that will be fixed. This rumour is less concrete.