Free Shipping on ALL Products
camera reviewsbest cameraslens reviewsphotography tipscamera forumvideo toursphotography bookssupport me
It is currently Thu Aug 21, 2014 6:22 am

All times are UTC

Post subject: Pentax-reviews?
PostPosted: Fri Dec 25, 2009 11:53 pm 
Both the K-7 And K-x are absent in the review section. What's going on? The k-x would give the eos 500d super serious competition, no? I'm loving my k200d but the new models make my shopping fingers itchy..

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 26, 2009 12:11 am 
Well,to put it short,if Gordon cannot get a camera from the supplier,he cannot review it. And also,if that camera arrives too late,it's too late for the review as well.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 26, 2009 3:06 am 
Even though I doubt Pentax imaging supplies Gordon directly with their demo's... I think Pentax can be a bit lazy when it comes to marketing, and new product development. The KX and K7 are outstanding cameras with a ton of great options however... it feels to me as if they don't market their products enough to spread the word. I also think they need to get off their butts and get a full frame DSLR on the market. The Pentax world is tired of waiting!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 26, 2009 9:21 am 

Hi anderslittorin,

I hesitate to butt in as Gordon can speak for himself (unless he misses this thread) but he has gone on record before as saying he can only review what the local manufacturer's office offers. If Pentax NZ are so disinterested in offering their fine cameras for review on one of the most authoritative sites than that's their loss. Maybe your complaint would be better directed at Pentax. :idea:

Bob.

Astrophotography: TEC 140 'scope, FLI ML16803 camera, ASA DDM60 Pro mount.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 26, 2009 12:11 pm 
Bob,

I was not complaining about Gordon. I've heard him say in the past that he cannot review what they haven't given him. That's why I said "I doubt he gets demo's from Pentax directly" meaning he gets them from a local source.

I was complaining about Pentax's lack of marketing their products and their laziness in developing a full frame DSLR.

I hope this hasn't caused any confusion.

Post subject: correct
PostPosted: Sun Dec 27, 2009 2:08 am 
Of course! I'd just like a second opinion. dpreview has reviews on both of them, but I like the style of Gords reviews... and maybe it's my sticking with the underdog tendency that makes me want to see a good cam challenge canon! :)

I also hear the K-x actually has better low light performance than the k-7. I'd love to see a comparison...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 27, 2009 9:51 pm 
Site Admin

Hi guys, this question comes up fairly often, so I'll do a sticky thread:

http://www.cameralabs.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=19732

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 02, 2010 6:20 pm 

Bonsoir anderslittorin,

I know a user review is not the same as a review, but you may find something interesting. Please feel free to have a look at my user reviews :arrow:

Cameras and grips
Lenses

Enjoy :)