Free Shipping on ALL Products
camera reviewsbest cameraslens reviewsphotography tipscamera forumvideo toursphotography bookssupport me
It is currently Wed Aug 27, 2014 11:41 pm

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Wed Jul 15, 2009 5:05 am 
I just found an used Zenit camera [m42 mount] in my father's drawer with a 58mm 2.0 lens which I intend to use on my Olympus E-3 with an adapter.

I always wanted to use some form of legacy glass on my camera, but always thought I'd end up getting an Olympus OM adapter, but now that I have this M42 lens, I might as well just stick with that.

The 58 2.0 will make a great portrait lens with the 2x conversion factor [116mm 2.0 on my camera] but I'd ideally also want a fast lens with a normal field of view.

Is there an M42 lens that is between 20mm and 30mm with an aperture of 2.0 or faster?

PostPosted: Wed Jul 15, 2009 5:19 am 

Atomic wrote:
I just found an used Zenit camera [m42 mount] in my father's drawer with a 58mm 2.0 lens which I intend to use on my Olympus E-3 with an adapter.

I always wanted to use some form of legacy glass on my camera, but always thought I'd end up getting an Olympus OM adapter, but now that I have this M42 lens, I might as well just stick with that.

The 58 2.0 will make a great portrait lens with the 2x conversion factor [116mm 2.0 on my camera] but I'd ideally also want a fast lens with a normal field of view.

Is there an M42 lens that is between 20mm and 30mm with an aperture of 2.0 or faster?

Go search on ebay. I am sure there are plenty of glass that is between 20-30mm and faster than f/2.

Is this posted at the right place?

www.flickr.com/glxlr

PostPosted: Wed Jul 15, 2009 5:57 am 
GLXLR wrote:

Go search on ebay. I am sure there are plenty of glass that is between 20-30mm and faster than f/2.

M42 was originally a pentax mount if I'm not mistaken.

And yes, I've actually checked out eBay after finding a database of all M42 lenses, however I wanted to see if anyone had any experience with these and could point me the right way.

Im currently watching eBay for 2 auctions, one for a fuji lens, and one for a vivitar. [35mm and 28mm respectively]

I think fujinon lenses should be pretty good, how about vivitar?

PostPosted: Wed Jul 15, 2009 3:13 pm 

Atomic wrote:
GLXLR wrote:

And yes, I've actually checked out eBay after finding a database of all M42 lenses, however I wanted to see if anyone had any experience with these and could point me the right way.

Im currently watching eBay for 2 auctions, one for a fuji lens, and one for a vivitar. [35mm and 28mm respectively]

Vivitar (like any other brand) was known for their optical formulas. They basically made lenses for Votiglander (c'mon, you know they make awesome lenses), Cosina, and Vivitar actually had some great lenses themselves.

www.flickr.com/glxlr

PostPosted: Wed Jul 15, 2009 7:10 pm 
GLXLR wrote:
Atomic wrote:
GLXLR wrote:

Vivitar (like any other brand) was known for their optical formulas. They basically made lenses for Votiglander (c'mon, you know they make awesome lenses), Cosina, and Vivitar actually had some great lenses themselves.

Oh thats awesome. Im so glad these legacy lenses can be had so affordably. Hopefully Ill be able to pick this 28mm F2.0 up cheap.