Free Shipping on ALL Products
camera reviewsbest cameraslens reviewsphotography tipscamera forumvideo toursphotography bookssupport me
It is currently Mon Jul 28, 2014 10:47 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: Thinking about k200d
PostPosted: Wed Dec 31, 2008 4:14 am 

Hello all,

I'm considering purchasing the k200d as my first ever DSLR. I really like the build quality (although it is a little heavy), in-body stabilization, and AA batteries. Right now Amazon has the k200 with 18-55mm kit lens for $550, and two promotions wherein I can get a Pentax crossover camera bag and Tiffen UV filter for free. That, along with a strange lack of tax and free shipping, would put me at $550 even for camera, lens, lens filter, and bag. I already have SD cards and AA batteries.

Do you think this is a good deal? I'm just wondering if I should jump at the chance to get one now or wait a while. The reasons for me waiting would be because a) I am leaving the country in two weeks. I would worry that I wouldn't have enough time to play around with the camera to decide if I really like it before leaving (i.e. might lose my opportunity to return it, if necessary) and b) January is typically the month for new model announcements. If they introduce a new model, then the price might drop a little.

I've also heard that they're considering suspending production of the k200 now that the more "consumer-friendly" k-m was released. If that happens, it might drive the price up.

Any suggestions?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 31, 2008 4:48 am 
it is hard to predict the future price, if i can predict it then I probably be rich now hehe..

But one thing for sure, electronic goods like digicam tend to be cheaper if you wait longer. the problem is you wont able to start shooting if you don't buy it now.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 31, 2008 10:24 am 

Hi jaxzwolf,

It sounds like a good deal as long as you are happy with the camera. If I can put in a quick plug for CameraLabs, should you decide to go ahead with the purchase would you consider starting your purchase by following this link to Amazon.com? Amazon is one of our affiliate stores which means that, though you pay the same price, CameraLabs gets a small commission which helps pay the bills. And no, I'm not on commission. :)

Bob.

Astrophotography: TEC 140 'scope, FLI ML16803 camera, ASA DDM60 Pro mount.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 31, 2008 11:45 pm 

That is pretty cheap for a k200D! Bad thing is I saw some comments on the bag. A lot of people are getting a smaller version of that bag that doesn't come with the bottom compartment, so you might want to save some money just in case.

www.flickr.com/glxlr

Post subject: Re: Thinking about k200d
PostPosted: Thu Jan 01, 2009 3:12 am 
jaxzwolf wrote:
I've also heard that they're considering suspending production of the k200 now that the more "consumer-friendly" k-m was released. If that happens, it might drive the price up.

Not true...