Free Shipping on ALL Products
camera reviewsbest cameraslens reviewsphotography tipscamera forumvideo toursphotography bookssupport me
It is currently Fri Dec 19, 2014 4:57 am

All times are UTC

Should 'lorriman' become a Mr Laing fanboy?
Yes, I would be over-excited 57%  57%  [ 4 ]
No, bugger off and bomb someone else 43%  43%  [ 3 ]
Total votes : 7
PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2007 12:29 am 
Hello,

I'm a Fuji F30 fanboy. Yes, I know, and I DON'T CARE!!!

If the F30 had a decent lense I'd probably be blowing things up, personally!

Anyway, that's just to declare my 'leaning', so to speak.

What I actually wanted to say was how exceedingly surprised at the novel insights I've gained from reading the reviews and viewing the vids here. Even before I bought the F30 I read every review I could get my hands on, and then read each several times over after buying her, and still am 8 months later.

Scary, huh?!? Sometimes I feel scared also. [I can't find a scared emoticon?!??! Here's some more handy punctuation => ?!?!?!?!??!]

Anyway, for some reason I'm not obsessed enough and managed to completely miss this website. Google has probably buried it on the 4th page. It's linked by dcviews, which I hadn't really explored due to their deplorable layout?!?!?!?!

Ok, so those last punctuations were slightly unneeded. Sorry about that.

Anyway, back to the subject at hand: congrats to the site for some jolly readable reviews, and to Gordon Laing for surprisingly good vids (I generally prefer to read, and don't have a TV). And compelling insights no where else to be found.

I'm sold on the E510 despite the 4/3rds nonsense....except for a lack of cash. <sigh>

I'll just have to console myself with a candlit fuji F30 ISO3200 shot of my left nostril??!?!?!?!?!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2007 12:35 am 
Site Admin

Hello lorriman, welcome to the Cameralabs forums!

I'm glad our reviews and videos have proven useful!

The F30's still a great compact - and still in our Best Buys section...

Gordon

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2007 12:14 pm 
As far as bestbuy's go there's also the F30's stripped down sibling the F20. It's only missing manual modes, ISO3200 and the hi-rez LCD. It's going for 95 quid, which I reckon must be the bargain of the century. I've been recommending it to my neighbours and family.

But perhaps the bargain of the century should be reserved for the £114 fuji s5600 and it's noteworthy lense. I still hanker after it......

That's the nice thing about ignoring Canon: you can really get some great value cams. I just spotted the Nikon D50 going for £250 quid with a kit lense!!!! Absolutely Barmy!