Free Shipping on ALL Products
camera reviewsbest cameraslens reviewsphotography tipscamera forumvideo toursphotography bookssupport me
It is currently Fri Jul 25, 2014 12:03 am

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Fri Mar 28, 2008 4:39 pm 
So I am reading the Sony Alpha DSLR-A200 verdict page and can you believe it there are comparisons to SEVEN other cameras, I find this invaluable. It is so interesting, informative and also fair. It is really great to learn how the cameras go up against each other. This has really helped me in my ability to look at other manufacturers fairly and also have informative conversations with new photographers and pro's alike. I think as I have gotten used to the way things work at Camera Labs and the forums I have taken this kind of thing for granted and I just felt compelled to say thanks for such great reviews. Thank you Gordon and crew and cheers to the forum!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 28, 2008 8:41 pm 
Site Admin

Thanks Jim! It's always good to hear we're on the right track!

I think the comparisons on the verdict pages are really important and am glad you're finding them useful! There may not always be as many as seven, but we always try and include the key models you'd also be weighing up!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 29, 2008 1:02 am 
I agree, first there was "camera labs" to give me great advice (which I took) for buying my new DSLR.

And now there is "DSLR tips" to provide me with some great advice to tackle some subject I have had troubles with.
And to get more out of my new DSLR than my last digital camera.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 29, 2008 9:36 pm 
Site Admin

Thanks Kevin - do also check out the DSLR Tips section on this forum which extends what we demonstrate on the videos...